Dianne C. Duffey MD
Addiction, risky behaviors, cancer biology, cancer clinical trials
HIV/Hepatitis risk reduction in patients in an opioid dependence treatment setting
Dr. Duffey's clinical and research interests are currently in substance use and dual diagnosis disorders. Current research areas include tobacco use disorder and HIV/Hepatitis risk reduction in opioid dependence treatment settings. Dr. Duffey has also studied signal transduction and transcription factor modulation in chemosensitivity and cytokine production in head and neck cancer, expression and interactions of TNF-Related Apoptosis Inducing Ligand (TRAIL) and NFkB in Head and Neck Cancers, Gene Therapy in Head and Neck Cancers, EGFR Activation on ERK and ATF2 Expression in Head and Neck Squamous Cell Carcinoma
- Varenicline increases smoking abstinence at 6 months to a year compared with placebo or bupropion; nausea is the most commonly reported adverse effect.
Sofuoglu M, Duffey D, Mooney ME.
Evid Based Med. 2011 Aug;16(4):113-4. doi: 10.1136/ebm1200. Epub 2011 Mar 9.
- Vocal fold immobility and aspiration status: a direct replication study.
Leder SB, Suiter DM, Duffey D, Judson BL.
Dysphagia. 2012 Jun27(2):265-70. doi: 10.1007/s00455-011-9362-0. Epub 2011 Aug 21.
- Druzgal C, Chan Z, Ning Y, Thomas G, Ondrey FG, Duffey DC, Vilela RJ, Ende K, McCullagh L, Rudy SF, Muir C, Herscher LL, Morris JC, Albert PS, Van Waes C: A Pilot Study of Longitudinal Serum Cytokine and Angiogenesis Factor Levels as Markers of Therapeutic Response and Survival in Patients with Head and Neck Squamous Cell Carcinoma. Head Neck. 2005 Sep;27(9):771-84.
- Teng, Marita S., Brandwein-Gensler, Margaret, Teixeira, Miriam S., Martignetti, John A., Duffey, Dianne C. A Study of TRAIL Receptors in Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the Head and Neck. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg, May 2005; 131: 407 - 412.
- Sunwoo JB, Herscher LL, Kroog GS, Thomas GR, Ondrey FG, Duffey DC, Solomon BI, Boss C, Albert PS, McCullugh L, Rudy S, Muir C, Zhai S, Figg WD, Cook JA, Mitchell JB, Van Waes C.: Concurrent paclitaxel and radiation in the treatment of locally advanced head and neck cancer. J Clin Oncol. 2001 Feb 1;19(3):800-11.
- Duffey DC, Crowl-Bancroft CV, Chen Z, Ondrey FG, Nejad-Sattari M, Dong G, Van Waes C.: Inhibition of transcription factor nuclear factor-kappaB by a mutant inhibitor-kappaBalpha attenuates resistance of human head and neck squamous cell carcinoma to TNF-alpha caspase-mediated cell death. Br J Cancer. 2000 Nov;83(10):1367-74.