Dana Small PhD Clin, MSc
Professor of Psychiatry and Associate Professor of Psychology; Associate Fellow, The John B Pierce Laboratory
Departments & Organizations
Yale Combined Program in the Biological and Biomedical Sciences (BBS): Neuroscience
Interdepartmental Neuroscience Program
Psychiatry: Connecticut Mental Health Center | Center for Nicotine and Tobacco Use Research at Yale (CENTURY) | Stress & Addiction Clinical Research Program
Neurophysiology of feeding; Chemical senses; Neuroimaging; Dopamine; Addiction; Motivation; Psychophysics; Stress; Obesity more...
- M.Sc., McGill University, 1998
- Ph.D. Clin, McGill University, 2001
- G. Bender, T. Hummel, S. Negoias, D. M. Small “Separate signals for orthonasal vs. retronasal perception of food but not nonfood odors” Behavioral Neuroscience, (2009)123; 481-489.
- E. Stice, S. Spoor, C. Bohon, D. M. Small “Relation between obesity and blunted striatal response to food is moderated by Taq1A1 DRD2 Gene” Science (2008) 322: 449-452.
- D. M. Small, M. G. Veldhuizen, J. Felsted, Y.E. Mak, F. McGlone “Separable networks encode anticipatory and consummatory chemosensation.” Neuron (2008) 13: 786-797