Alcohols; Behavior and Behavior Mechanisms; Mental Disorders; Biological Therapy; Central Nervous System; Nervous System; Nervous System Diseases; Psychological Phenomena and Processes; Therapeutics; Behavior Control; Research Subjects; Drug Users; Psychiatry and Psychology
Psychiatry: Connecticut Mental Health Center | Neuroscience Research Training Program (NRTP) | Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Research Clinic | Specialized Center of Research (SCOR) to Develop Gender-Sensitive Treatment for Tobacco Dependence
Our research focuses on combining psychophysics, neural imaging, and computation to understand how brain works at the systems level. In particular, we are interested in the neural processes of cognitive control and how deficits in these processes may contribute to the pathogenesis of substance use disorders and other psychiatric conditions. Our research also focuses on the neurochemical basis of cognition. We employ phamacological manipulation and resting state as well task-based brain imaging to examine the catecholaminergic circuits of importance to neuropsychiatric conditions.
Specialized Terms: Systems neuroscience; Psychophysics; Neural imaging; Cognitive control; Addiction; Psychostimulant; Alcohol; Anxiety disorders
- Li C-SR, Ide JS, Zhang S, Hu S, Chao HH, Zaborszky L (2014) Resting state functional connectivity of the basal nucleus of Meynert in humans. NeuroImage 97:321-32.
- Farr OM, Hu S, Matuskey D, Zhang S, , Abdelghany O, Li C-SR (2014). The effects of methylphenidate on cerebral activations to salient stimuli in healthy adults. Exp Clin Neuropsychopharmacol. 22(2):154-65.
- Luo X, Zhang S, Hu S, Bednarski SR, Erdman E, Farr O, Hong K-I, Sinha R, Mazure CM, Li C-SR (2013) Error processing and gender shared and specific neural predictors of relapse in cocaine dependence. Brain 136: 1231-1244.
- Hu S, Tseng YC, Winkler A, Li C-SR (2014) Neural bases of individual variation in decision time. Human Brain Mapp. 35(6):2531-42.
- Ide JS, Shenoy P, Yu AJ, Li C-SR (2013) Bayesian evaluation and prediction in the anterior cingulate cortex. J Neurosci. 33: 2039-47.
- Zhang S, Ide JS, Li C-SR (2012) Resting state functional connectivity of the medial superior frontal cortex. Cereb Cortex 22: 99-111.
- Ide JS, Li C-SR (2011) A cerebellar thalamic cortical circuit for error-related cognitive control. NeuroImage 54: 455-464.
- Li C-SR, Morgan PT, Matuskey D, Abdelghany O, Luo X, Chang JLK, Rounsaville, BJ, Ding YS, Malison RT (2010) Biological markers of the effects of methylphenidate on improving inhibitory control in cocaine dependent patients. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 107: 14455-14459.
- Duann J-R, Ide S, Luo, X, Li C-SR (2009) Functional connectivity delineates distinct roles of the inferior frontal cortex and pre-supplementary motor area during stop signal inhibition. J Neurosci 29: 10171-10179.
- Li C-SR, Chao HH-A, Lee TW (2009) The neural correlates of speeded compared to delayed responses in a stop signal task: an indirect analogue of risk taking and association with an anxiety trait. Cereb Cortex 19: 839-848.
- Li C-SR, Luo X, Yan P, Bergquist K, Sinha R (2009) Altered Impulse Control in Alcohol Dependence: Neural Measures of Stop Signal Performance. Alcoholism: Clin Exp Res. 33: 740-750.
- Li C-SR, Huang C, Yan P, Bhagawar Z, Milivojevic V, Sinha R (2008) Neural correlates of impulse control during stop signal inhibition in cocaine dependent men. Neuropsychopharmacology 33: 1798-1807.
- Li C-SR, Huang C, Constable T, Sinha R (2006) Imaging response inhibition in a stop signal task – neural correlates independent of signal monitoring and post-response processing. J Neurosci 26: 186-192.
- Li C-SR, Lin W-H, Chang H-L, Hung Y-W (2004) A psychophysical measure of attention deficit in children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. J Abnorm Psychol 113: 228-236.