Memory; Obesity; Psychiatry; Schizophrenia; Diseases; Psychiatry and Psychology; Health Care
Psychiatry: Connecticut Mental Health Center | Neuroscience Research Training Program (NRTP) | Psychosis Program at Yale | Specialized Treatment for Early Psychosis (STEP) Program
Our lab can accommodate limited number of students for small projects on cognition in schizophrenia or cross-sectional case control studies in clinical subjects in relevance to schizophrenia and other psychotic disorders. We are also interested in human reward mechanisms and appetite regulation, and can support small student projects in these areas.
Specialized Terms: Schizophrenia; Psycho-pharmacology; Cognitive neuroscience; Translational neuroscience; Working memory; Cognitive impairment in schizophrenia; Medical comorbidities in schizophrenia; Obesity and mental illness; Human reward mechanisms and appetite regulation
- Chwastiak LA, Tek C. The unchanging mortality gap for people with schizophrenia. Lancet. 2009 Aug 22;374(9690):590-2
- Jean-Baptiste M, Tek C*, Liskov E, Chakunta UR, Nicholls S, Hassan AQ, Brownell KD, Wexler BE. A pilot study of a weight management program with food provision in schizophrenia. Schizophr Res. 2007 Nov;96(1-3):198-205.
- Kirkpatrick B, Tek C. Schizophrenia: Clinical Features and Psychopathology Concepts; in Kaplan and Sadock’s Comprehensive Textbook of Psychiatry/VIIIth ed. Eds: Sadock BJ and Sadock VA, Lippincott Williams and Wilkins, Philadelphia, 2005
- Tek C, Gold J, Blaxton T, Wilk C, McMahon RP, Buchanan RW. Visual perceptual and working memory impairments in schizophrenia. Arch Gen Psychiatry. 2002 Feb;59(2):146-53.
- Tek C, Kirkpatrick B, Buchanan RW. A five-year followup study of deficit and nondeficit schizophrenia. Schizophr Res. 2001 Apr 30;49(3):253-60
- Tek C, Kirkpatrick B, Kelly C, McCreadie RG. Summer birth and deficit schizophrenia in Nithsdale, Scotland. J Nerv Ment Dis. 2001 Sep;189(9):613-7