Criminal Psychology; Humanities; International Agencies; Public Health; Social Justice; Violence; Global Health; Legal Cases; Psychiatry and Psychology; Phenomena and Processes; Anthropology, Education, Sociology and Social Phenomena
FASYED Education Studies
Formulating the multiple, interlinked determinants of violence, by exploring the interaction between biological, psychological, social, and environmental processes for effective prevention.
Specialized Terms: Violence Prevention, Public Health Approaches, Interdisciplinary and Multisectorial Collaborations, Behavioral Violence, Structural Violence, Social Justice, Global Health, Peace Promotion, and Creative Studies.
- Mikton CR, Tanaka M, Tomlinson M, Streiner DL, Tonmyr L, Lee B, Fisher J, Hegadoren J, Pim JE, Wang SJS, MacMillan HL. Global research priorities for interpersonal violence prevention: A modified Delphi study. Bulletin of the World Health Organization 95:36-48, 2017.
- Lee B, Gilligan J, Kaaya SF, Schuder KK. Violence and health: Implications of the 2030 Agenda for South-North collaborations. International Journal of Public Health 61:861-862, 2016.
- Lee B, Donnelly PD, Cohen L, Garg S. Violence, health, and the 2030 Agenda: Merging evidence and implementation. Journal of Public Health Policy 37S:1-12, 2016.
- Lee B, Kjaerulf F, Turner S, Cohen L, Donnelly PD, Muggah R, Davis R, Realini A, Kieselbach B, Snyder MacGregor L, Waller I, Gordon R, Moloney-Kitts M, Lee G, Gilligan J. Transforming our world: Implementing the 2030 Agenda through Sustainable Development Goal Indicators. Journal of Public Health Policy 37S:13-31, 2016.
- Kjaerulf F, Lee B, Cohen L, Donnelly P, Turner S, Davies R, Realini A, Moloney-Kitts M, Gordon R, Lee G, Gilligan J. The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development—A golden opportunity for global violence prevention. International Journal of Public Health 61:863-864, 2016.
- Gilligan J, Lee B, Garg S, Blay-Tofey M, and Luo A. A case for studying country regimes in the public health model of violence. Journal of Public Health Policy 37S:133-144, 2016.
- Uwizeye G, Lee B, Krill T. Health system re-design following sexual violence during the genocide in Rwanda. International Journal of Public Health 61:959-960, 2016.
- Lee B, Leckman JF, Khoshnood K. Violence, health, and South-North collaborations: Furthering an interdisciplinary agenda. Social Science and Medicine 146:236-242, 2015.
- Blay-Tofey M., Lee B. Preventing gender-based violence engendered by conflict: The case of Côte d’Ivoire. Social Science and Medicine, 146:341-347, 2015.
- Lee B., Prabhu M. A reflection on the madness in prisons. Stanford Law and Policy Review 26: 253-268, 2015.
- Bouloudnine R, Lee B, Rowe M. In the midst of a mental healthcare crisis: How psychiatrists can better advocate for their clients. Journal of Health Systems and Policy Research 2:15-20, 2015.
- Lee B, Leckman JF, Mbwambo JKK. Violence and health: Current perspectives of the WHO Violence Prevention Alliance. Aggression and Violent Behavior 19:609-615, 2014.
- Lee B, Marotta PL, Blay-Tofey M, Wang W, de Bourmont S. Economic correlates of violent death rates in forty countries, 1962-2008: A cross-typological analysis. Aggression and Violent Behavior 19:729-737, 2014.
- Lee B, Wexler BE, Gilligan J. Political correlates of violent death rates in the U.S., 1900-2010: Longitudinal and cross-sectional analyses. Aggression and Violent Behavior 19:721-728, 2014.
- Lee B, Young JL. Building a global health ethic without doing further violence. American Journal of Bioethics 12:59-60, 2012.
- Lee B, Kaaya SF, Mbwambo JK, Smith-Fawzi MC, Leshabari MT. Detecting depressive disorder with the Hopkins Symptom Checklist–25 in Tanzania. International Journal of Social Psychiatry 54:7-20, 2008.
- Kaaya SF, Lee B, Mbwambo JK, Smith-Fawzi MC, Leshabari MT. Detecting depressive disorder with a 19-item local instrument in Tanzania. International Journal of Social Psychiatry 54:21-33, 2008.
- Lee B, Gilligan J. The Resolve to Stop the Violence Project: Transforming an in-house culture of violence through a jail-based programme. Journal of Public Health 27:149-155, 2005.
- Gilligan J, Lee B. The Resolve to Stop the Violence Project: Reducing violent recidivism in the community through a jail-based initiative. Journal of Public Health 27:143-148, 2005.
- Lee B, Gilligan J. The pharmacological treatment of violent youth. Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences 1036:356-381, 2004.
- Gilligan J, Lee B. Beyond the prison paradigm: From provoking violence to preventing it by creating ‘anti-prisons’ (residential colleges and therapeutic communities). Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences 1036:300-324, 2004.
- Kaaya SF, Lee B, Smith-Fawzi MC, Mbwambo JK, Msamanga GI. Validity and calibration of the Kiswahili version of the Hopkins Symptom Checklist–25 amongst HIV-positive antenatal clinic attendees in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. Acta Psychiatrica Scandinavica 106:9-19, 2002.