Arthur A. Simen MD, PhD
Assistant Professor (Adjunct) of Psychiatry
Departments & Organizations
Former K-12 Scholars
Yale Medical Group
Psychiatry: Connecticut Mental Health Center | Division of Human Genetics | Molecular Psychiatry | Mood Disorders Research Program | Division of Aging & Geriatric Psychiatry | Adjunct Faculty
Neurobiology; Neuroscience; Genetics; Epigenetics; Aging; Depression; Stress; Behavioral neuroscience; Statistical methods; Molecular biology; Psychiatry more...
- Ph.D., University of Chicago, 1999
- M.D., Univ. of Chicago, Pritzker School of Medicine, 2001
- Bordner KA, George ED, Carlyle BC, Duque A, Kitchen RR, Lam TT, Colangelo CM, Stone KL, Abbott TB, Mane SM, Nairn AC, Simen AA. Functional genomic and proteomic analysis reveals disruption of myelin related genes and translation in a mouse model of early life neglect. Frontiers in Neurogenomics. 2011. In Press.
- Bordner KA, Kitchen RR, George ED, Carlyle B, Mahajan MC, Mane SM, Taylor JR, Simen AA (2011). Parallel declines in cognition, motivation, and locomotion in aging mice: association with inflammation in the medial prefrontal cortex. Experimental Gerontology. In Press.
- Simen AA, Bordner KA, Martin MP, Moy L, Barry LC (2011). Cognitive dysfunction with aging and the role of inflammation. Therapeutic advances in chronic disease. In Press.