Albert J. Arias MD, MS
Assistant Professor of Psychiatry
Dr. Arias is an alcohol researcher at the VA in West Haven. His current research focuses primarily on pharmacological treatment of alcohol dependence, (particularly the use of anticonvulsants) and pharmacogenetics. Other areas of clinical and research work and interest include addiction medicine, dual diagnosis treatment, deep brain stimulation, other biological treatments for psychiatric and addictive disorders.
Education & Training
- Michigan State University College of Human Medicin (2001)
- University of Connecticut (2010)
- University of Connecticut Health Center, Psychiatry (2002 - 2006)
Honors & Recognition
- 2009, American College of Neuropsychopharmacology, Minority Research Travel Award.
- 2008, American Psychiatric Association Research Colloquium for Junior Investigators.
- 2005, American Academy of Addiction Psychiatry Research Award (based on work in the addictions for resident, fellow, and early-career level investigators).