John W Mason MD
Professor Emeritus of Psychiatry
- Mason J, Wang S, Yehuda R, Lubin H, Johnson D, Bremner JD, Riney S, Charney D, Southwick, S. Marked lability in urinary cortisol levels in sub-groups of combat veterans with posttraumatic stress disorder in an intensive exposure treatment program. Psychosomatic Medicine, 64:238-246, 2002
- Mason J, Wang S, Yehuda R, Riney S, Charney D, Southwick S. Psychogenic lowering of urinary cortisol levels linked to emotional numbing and a shame-depressive syndrome in combat-related posttraumatic stress disorder. Psychosomatic Medicine, 63 (3):387-401, 2001.
- Mason J, Southwick S, Yehuda R, Wang S, Riney S, Bremner D, Johnson D, Lubin, H, Blake D, Zhou G, Gusman F, Charney D. Elevation of serum free triiodothyronine, total triiodothyronine, thyroxine-binding globulin and total thyroxine levels in combat-related posttraumatic stress disorder. Archives of General Psychiatry 51:629-641, 1994.
- Mason JW, Kosten TR, Giller EL. Multidimensional hormonal discrimination of paranoid schizophrenic from bipolar manic patients. Biological Psychiatry 29:457-466, 1991.
- Mason JW, Giller EL, Kosten TR, Ostroff RB, Podd L. Urinary free-cortisol levels in posttraumatic stress disorder patients. Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease 174:145-149, 1986
- Mason JW. Specificity in the organization of neuroendocrine response profiles. In Seeman P Brown G (Eds), Frontiers in Neuroscience and Neuroscience Research, University of Toronto Press:Toronto, 68-80, 1974
- Mason JW. The integrative approach in medicine--implications of neuroendocrine mechanisms. Wilson Day Medical Center, 13-29, 1972. Republished in Perspectives in Biology and Medicine 17:333-347, 1974.
- Mason JW. Strategy in psychosomatic research. Presidential Address, Annual Meeting of the American Psychosomatic Society, March 1970, Washington, DC, Psychosomatic Medicine 32:427-439, 1970.
- Mason JW. “Overall” hormonal balance as a key to endocrine organization. Psychosomatic Medicine 30:791-808, 1968.
- Mason JW. Organization of the multiple endocrine responses to avoidance in the monkey. Psychosomatic Medicine 30:774-790, 1968.