Joel Gelernter MD
Foundations Fund Professor of Psychiatry and Professor of Genetics and of Neurobiology; Director, Division of Human Genetics (Psychiatry)
Departments & Organizations
Biological and Biomedical Sciences (BBS): Molecular Cell Biology, Genetics and Development: Genetics and Genomics
Office of International Medical Student Education
Global Health Initiative: Social & Behavioral Health
Psychiatry: Division of Human Genetics | Molecular Psychiatry | Center for the Translational Neuroscience of Alcoholism | VA-Yale Clinical Neurosciences PTSD Research Program | Stress & Addiction Clinical Research Program | VA Alcohol Research Center
Complex trait genetics; Psychiatric genetics; Population genetics; Substance dependence; Gene mapping more...
- BS, Yale University, 1979
- M.D., SUNY Downstate Medical Center, 1983
- Han S, Yang BZ, Kranzler HR, Oslin D, Anton R, Farrer LA, Gelernter J. Linkage Analysis Followed by Association Show NRG1 Associated with Cannabis Dependence in African Americans. Biol Psychiatry. 2012 Apr 18. [Epub ahead of print]
- Li D, Zhao H, Kranzler HR, Oslin D, Anton RF, Farrer LA, Gelernter J.: Association of COL25A1 with comorbid antisocial personality disorder and substance dependence. Biol Psychiatry. 2012 Apr 15;71(8):733-40. Epub 2012 Jan 31.
- Li D, Zhao H, Gelernter J: Strong Association of the Alcohol Dehydrogenase 1B Gene (ADH1B) with Alcohol Dependence and Alcohol-Induced Medical Diseases. Biol Psychiatry. 2011 6:504-12. PMID: 21497796 PMCID: PMC3142297 NIHMS:282602