Gustavo Adolfo Angarita-Africano M.D.
Instructor in Psychiatry; Assistant Inpatient Chief of the Clinical Neuroscience Research Unit (CNRU) at the Connecticut Mental Health Center (CMHC)
Medications' Development for Cocaine and Stimulants' Use Disorders based on glutamatergic pathways; Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy; Remote Wireless Sensor Network Technologies for detection of cocaine use; Sleep and Cocaine
- Pirard S, Sharon E, Kang S, Angarita GA, Gastfriend DR (2005). Prevalence of physical and sexual abuse among substance abuse patients and Impact on treatment outcomes. Drug and Alcohol Dependence, 78(1): 57-64
- Angarita GA, Reif S, Pirard S, Lee S, Sharon E, Gastfriend DR (2007). No-Show for treatment in substance abuse patients with comorbid symptomatology: validity results from a controlled trial of the ASAM Patient Placement Criteria. Journal of Addiction Medicine, 1(2): 79-87
- Loebl T, Angarita GA, Pachas GN, Huang KL, Lee S, Logvinenko T, Evins AE (2008). A Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Trial of Long-Acting Risperidone in Cocaine Dependent Men. Journal of Clinical Psychiatry, 69(3): 480-6. PMID: 18294021
- Angarita GA, Pittman B, Gueorguieva R, Kalayasiri R, Lynch WJ, Sughonchabirom A, Morgan PT, Malison RT (2010). Regulation of cocaine self-administration in humans: lack of evidence for loading and maintenance phases. Pharmacology Biochemistry and Behavior. 95(1): 51-5.
- Natarajan A, Parate A, Gaiser E, Angarita GA, Malison RT, Marlin BM, Ganesan D (2013). Detection of
cocaine use with wearable electrocardiogram sensor. ACM International Joint Conference on Pervasive and Ubiquitous Computing, UbiComp: 123 – 132
- Angarita GA, Canavan SV, Forselius E, Bessette A, Pittman B, Morgan PT (2014). Abstinence-related
changes in sleep during treatment for cocaine dependence. Drug and Alcohol Dependence. 1 (134): 343-7. PMID: 24315572
- Natarajan A, Gaiser E, Angarita GA, Malison RT, Ganesan D, Marlin BM, Ganesan D (2014). Conditional Random Fields for Morphological Analysis of Wireless ECG Signals. Submitted to the 5th ACM Conference on Bioinformatics, Computational Biology and Health informatics.