New Haven has been home to Yale University for nearly three centuries. As a center for business and a mecca for the arts, New Haven is recognized as a city of innovation, culture and prosperity. Approximately 20 square miles with nearly 130,000 residents, New Haven is conveniently located between Boston and New York. As former Yale President Richard C. Levin, a thirty-year resident of New Haven, notes, New Haven is "large enough to be interesting, yet small enough to be friendly."
Get to know New Haven through the eyes of our residents
- Our residents' favorite cultural spots, events, music, restaurants, nightlife, outdoor activities, and museums.
Activities, Dining, Culture and Shopping
- INFO New Haven
- Greater New Haven Visitors Bureau
- Yale Calendar of Events
- Visit Connecticut: State Department of Tourism
- Yale University Shuttle Services Yale's shuttle services make it easy to get around. You can even track the shuttles in real-time online or by using your web-enabled cell phone!
- Yale Travel Services
- Tweed New Haven Regional Airport