Matthew J Gambino M.D., Ph.D.
Departments & Organizations
- B.A., University of Chicago, 1998
- M.D., University of Illinois College of Medicine at Urbana-Champaign, 2010
- Ph.D., University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2010
- Matthew Gambino, “These Strangers within our Gates”: Race, Psychiatry and Mental Illness among Black Americans at St. Elizabeths Hospital in Washington, D.C., 1900-1940,” History of Psychiatry 2008; 19: 387-408.
- Matthew Gambino, “Erving Goffman’s Asylums and Institutional Culture in the Mid-twentieth-century United States,” Harvard Review of Psychiatry 2013; 21: 52-57.