July 1, 2015 - June 30, 2016
Please note: The Fellowship at Behavioral Health Services at Hamden will not be offered for July 1, 2015 - June 30, 2016. Applications are being accepted for the Fellowship at the Cedarhurst School and in Acute/Crisis Services located at the Connecticut Mental Health Center.
Yale Behavioral Health offers Post-MSW Fellowships in (1) adult psychiatry; (2) acute services; and (3) adolescent school based services. Designed to augment an individual’s graduate training, Fellowships are available to individuals with a Masters Degree in Social Work from a school accredited by the Council on Social Work Education. Fellowship length ranges from 10 months to one year and includes a stipend and medical insurance. A description of each available training site is listed below:
- Connecticut Mental Health Center
- Behavioral Health Services at Hamden (NOT AVAILABLE FOR July 1, 2015 - June 30, 2016)
- Cedarhurst School
Supervision and Training
- Supervision: Fellows receive a minimum of two hours per week of supervision with at least one of these hours provided by a licensed social worker.
- Didactic Seminars: Fellows will attend at least one didactic seminar per week of their choice. Didactic seminars include a range of options such as pharmacology, forensics and co-occurring disorders
- Grand Rounds: Fellows will have the option of attending Grand Rounds at Yale University
- Team Meetings: Participate in weekly team meetings with a multidisciplinary staff.
- MSW from a social work program accredited by the Council on Social Work Education
- No more than one year of Post-graduate work experience
- Completion of Application Process
All application materials for the 2015-2016 Fellowship term must be RECEIVED BY 12:00pm EST on February 27, 2015. After initial review, selected applicants will be invited for an on-site interview. Invited applicants will be scheduled for on-site interviews in early March. Notification will be made via email to all applicants once their application is complete. Notification of application status (i.e. interview) will also be made by email with return receipt. Final decisions for the Fellowship will be made on or around March 20, 2015. Fellowships are contingent upon available funding. Applications must be complete upon submission. Applications missing any of the information listed below will not be reviewed. Successful applicants will be required to complete a background check prior to hire. Required documents for submission are as follows:
- One page statement of interest with an emphasis on how your chosen fellowship relates to your career goals
- Three letters of reference, with preferably two being from internship supervisors
- A resume
- A copy of first year practicum evaluation, or if currently employed, please include most recent workplace evaluation
- Please indicate for which setting you are applying in your cover letter or personal statement
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SENT in one complete email file (with all components including references) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. Applications are only considered received upon email confirmation from us.
Please direct inquiries to:
Kitty Clemens, LCSW
Director of Post-MSW Fellowship Program, Yale Behavioral Health
Clinical Services Supervisor, Cedarhurst School
- A stipend of at least $25,000 is offered to post-graduate fellows
- Full medical benefits are available
- Optional Dental Plan available