Postgraduate Fellowship in Social Work
July 1, 2013 - June 30, 2014
Please note: Fellowships at Behavioral Health Services at Hamden and Cedarhurst School will not be offered for July 1, 2013 - June 30, 2014. Applications are being accepted for the Fellowship in Acute/Crisis Services located at the Connecticut Mental Health Center.
Yale Behavioral Health offers Post-MSW Fellowships in (1) adult psychiatry; (2) acute services; and (3) adolescent school based services. Designed to augment an individual’s graduate training, Fellowships are available to individuals with a Masters Degree in Social Work from a school accredited by the Council on Social Work Education. Fellowship length ranges from 10 months to one year and includes a stipend and medical insurance. A description of each available training site is listed below:
- Connecticut Mental Health Center
- Behavioral Health Services at Hamden (NOT AVAILABLE FOR July 1, 2013 - June 30, 2014)
- Cedarhurst School (NOT AVAILABLE FOR July 1, 2013 - June 30, 2014)
Supervision and Training
- Supervision: Fellows receive a minimum of two hours per week of supervision with at least one of these hours provided by a licensed social worker.
- Didactic Seminars: Fellows will attend at least one didactic seminar per week of their choice. Didactic seminars include a range of options such as pharmacology, forensics and co-occurring disorders
- Grand Rounds: Fellows will have the option of attending Grand Rounds at Yale University
- Team Meetings: Participate in weekly team meetings with a multidisciplinary staff.
- MSW from a social work program accredited by the Council on Social Work Education
- No more than one year of Post-graduate work experience
- Completion of Application Process
All application materials for the 2013-2014 Fellowship term must be RECEIVED BY March 1, 2013. After initial review, selected applicants will be invited for an on-site interview. Invited applicants will be scheduled for on-site interviews on March 7th or 8th. Notification to all applicants of their status will occur via email with return receipt. Final decisions for the Fellowship will be made on or around March 16, 2012. Fellowships are contingent upon available funding. Applications must be complete upon submission. Applications missing any of the information listed below will not be reviewed. Successful applicants will be required to complete a background check prior to hire. Required documents for submission are as follows:
- One page statement of interest with an emphasis on how your chosen fellowship relates to your career goals
- Three letters of reference, with preferably two being from internship supervisors
- A resume
- A copy of first year practicum evaluation, or if currently employed, please include most recent workplace evaluation
- Please indicate for which setting you are applying in your cover letter or personal statement
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SENT in a complete email file to email@example.com or via registered mail (to address below). Electronic submission is preferable. Incomplete applications and faxes will not be accepted. Applications are only considered received upon return of registered mail receipt or email confirmation within 48 hours.
Department of Psychiatry
Yale University School of Medicine
300 George Street, 9th Floor
New Haven, CT 06511
Please direct inquiries to:
Kitty Clemens, LCSW
Clinical Services Supervisor
- A stipend of at least $24,500 is offered to post-graduate fellows
- Full medical benefits are available
- Optional Dental Plan available