Behavioral Health Services at Hamden (BHSH)
95 Circular Avenue, Hamden, CT 06514
Behavioral Health Services at Hamden (BHSH) is a licensed mental health and substance abuse treatment facility managed through the Yale University Department of Psychiatry. It offers a comprehensive range of services to individuals over the age of 18 with specialization in severe behavioral health disorders. Its general services include: intake and evaluation, crisis intervention, individual and group treatment, family counseling and medication evaluation and management. BHSH provides specialty programs in psychosocial rehabilitation and co-occurring disorders within a cognitive-behavioral framework. This fellowship begins on July 1st and runs through June 30th.
Primary objectives for the Fellowship include the following:
- Learn to conduct psychosocial evaluations/assessments of clients presenting with behavioral health needs, with a focus on those challenged by moderate to severe psychiatric and substance use disorders.
- Learn to manage a diverse caseload.
- Learn to conduct crisis evaluations and develop appropriate risk management plans.
- Learn to identify treatment needs for clients within a recovery-based, medically necessary framework.
- Learn to complete documentation consistent with third party payer requirements.
- Learn to conduct individual and group psychotherapy within a cognitive-behavioral framework.