Patricia Ann Preisig PhD
Professor of Medicine (Nephrology) and of Cellular and Molecular Physiology
Departments & Organizations
Elucidation of the acid-activated pathway that mediates the physiological response of the renal proximal tubule to the need for the kidney to excrete acid more...
- B.S.N., California State University, 1975
- M.S., University of California at San Francisco, 1979
- Ph.D., University of California at San Francisco, 1983
- Amanzadeh J, Gitomer R, Zerwekh JE, Preisig PA, Moe OW, Pak CYC, Levi M. Effect of high protein diet on stone-forming propensity and bone loss in rats. Kid Int, 64:2142-9, 2003.
- Licht C, Laghmani K, Yanagisawa M, Preisig PA*, Alpern RJ*. An autocrine role for endothelin-1 in the regulation of proximal tubule NHE3. Kid Int, 65:1320-6, 2004.
- Aruga S, Pajor A, Nakamura K, Liu L, Moe OW, Preisig PA*, Alpern RJ*. OKP cells express the Na dicarboxylate cotransporter NaDC-1. Am J Physio, 287:C64-72, 2004.