Nicola Santoro MD, PhD
Associate Research Scientist in Pediatrics (Endocrinology)
Childhood obesity, hepatic steatosis, dyslipidemia.
Genetics of obesity, type 2 diabetes, hepatic steatosis, dyslipidemia in obese youths
- Giannini C, Dalla Man C, Groop L, Cobelli C, Zhao H, Shaw MM, Duran E, Pierpont B, Bale AE, Caprio S, Santoro N. The co-occurrence of risk alleles in or near genes modulating insulin secretion predisposes obese youth to prediabetes. Diabetes Care 2013 In press
- Santoro N, Feldstein AE, Enoksson E, Pierpont B, Kursawe R, Kim G, Caprio S. The association between hepatic fat content and liver injury in obese children and adolescents: effects of ethnicity, insulin resistance and common gene variants. Diabetes Care 2013; 36: 1353-60.
- Santoro N, Zhang CK, Zhao H, Pakstis AJ, Kim G, Kursawe R, Dykas DJ, Bale AE, Giannini C, Pierpont B, Shaw MM, Groop L, Caprio S. A Variant in the Glucokinase Regulatory Protein (GCKR) Gene is Associated with Fatty Liver in Obese Children and Adolescents. Hepatology 2012; 55:781-789
- Santoro N, Kursawe R, D’Adamo E, Dykas DJ, Zhang CK, Bale AE, Cali’ A, Narayan D,Shaw MM, Pierpont B, Savoye M, Lartaud D, Eldrich S, Cushman SW, Zhao H, Shulman GI, Caprio S. A Common Variant in the Patatin-Like Phopholipase 3 Gene (PNPLA3) is Associated with Fatty Liver Disease in Obese Children and Adolescents. Hepatology 2010; 52: 1281-90.
- Santoro N, Cirillo G, Lepore MG, Palma A, Amato A, Savarese P, Marzuillo P, Grandone A, Perrone L, Miraglia del Giudice E. Effect of the rs997509 polymorphism on the association between Ectonucleotide Pyrophosfatase Phosphodiesterase 1 and Metabolic Syndrome and impaired glucose tolerance in childhood obesity. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2009; 94: 300-5