Nicola Santoro MD, PhD
Associate Research Scientist in Pediatrics (Endocrinology)
Departments & Organizations
Childhood obesity, hepatic steatosis, dyslipidemia. more...
- M.D., Seconda Universita degli Studi di Napoli, 1999
- Ph.D., Seconda Universita degli Studi di Napoli, 2008
- Giannini C, Dalla Man C, Groop L, Cobelli C, Zhao H, Shaw MM, Duran E, Pierpont B, Bale AE, Caprio S, Santoro N. The co-occurrence of risk alleles in or near genes modulating insulin secretion predisposes obese youth to prediabetes. Diabetes Care 2013 In press
- Santoro N, Feldstein AE, Enoksson E, Pierpont B, Kursawe R, Kim G, Caprio S. The association between hepatic fat content and liver injury in obese children and adolescents: effects of ethnicity, insulin resistance and common gene variants. Diabetes Care 2013; 36: 1353-60.
- Santoro N, Zhang CK, Zhao H, Pakstis AJ, Kim G, Kursawe R, Dykas DJ, Bale AE, Giannini C, Pierpont B, Shaw MM, Groop L, Caprio S. A Variant in the Glucokinase Regulatory Protein (GCKR) Gene is Associated with Fatty Liver in Obese Children and Adolescents. Hepatology 2012; 55:781-789