Bioethics; Cerebral Palsy; Infant, Newborn; Infant, Premature; Muscular Dystrophies; Neurology; Neuromuscular Diseases; Pediatrics; Premature Birth; Infant, Extremely Premature; Health Care
Geoffrey Miller, M.B., Ch.B., investigates neuropsychological function in the muscular dystrophies. In addition, he investigates and reports on the bioethical issues that surround the care and management of the disabled child. This includes end-of-life issues, extreme prematurity, and the neurologically impaired infant.
Specialized Terms: Outcome studies; Follow-up of high risk premature and full term infants; Bioethics; Pediatric neuromuscular disorder; Neurodevelopmental disorder; Cerebral palsy; Extreme prematurity
Ten Days in Texas
Miller G. Ten Days in Texas. Hastings Center Report; 2007:37: July/August
Myelination as assessed by conventional MRI is normal in young children with idiopathic developmental delay
Maricich SM, Azizi P, Jones JY, Hunter JV, O’Brian Smith E, Miller G. Myelination as assessed by conventional MRI is normal in young children with idiopathic developmental delay. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol.
Functional and clinical characterization of a mutation in KCNJ2 associated with Andersen – Tawil syndrome.
Lu C, Lin J, Rajawat YS, Jerng H, Rami TG, Sanchez X, DeFreitas G, Miller G, Bowles NE, Khoury DS, Towbin JA. Functional and clinical characterization of a mutation in KCNJ2 associated with Andersen – Tawil syndrome. J Med Genet 2006; 43: 653-9
Spontaneous regression of a diffuse brainstem lesion in a neonate.
Airewele G, Miller G, McCluggage C, Chintagumpala M. Spontaneous regression of a diffuse brainstem lesion in a neonate. J Neurosurg.
Cerebral folate deficiency with developmental delay, autism, and response to folinic acid.
Moretti P, Sahoo T, Hyland K, Bottiglieri T, Peters S, Del Gaudio D, Roa B, Curry S, Zhu H, Finnell RH, Neul JL, Ramaekers VT, Blau N, Bacino C, Miller G, Scaglia F. Cerebral folate deficiency with developmental delay, autism, and response to folinic acid. Neurology. 2005 Mar 22;64(6):1088-90.
- Futility by any other name. Miller G. Futility by any other name. The Texas 10 day rule. Journal of Bioethical Inquiry 2008; 5: 265-270
- Futility revisited. Reply to Mark Mercurio. Miller G. Futility revisited. Reply to Mark Mercurio. Hastings Center Report 2008; Jan-Feb: 7
- tatic Encephalopathies of Infancy and Childhood Miller G, Ramer JC (Eds): Static Encephalopathies of Infancy and Childhood. Raven Press, New York, 1992.
- Cerebral Palsies Causes, Consequences, and Management Miller G, Clark GD (Eds): Cerebral Palsies Causes, Consequences, and Management. Boston, Butterworth and Heinemann, 1998
- Extreme Prematurity. Practices, Bioethics, and the Law Miller G. Extreme Prematurity. Practices, Bioethics, and the Law. New York, Cambridge University Press, 2007
- Pediatric Bioethics Miller G (Ed). Pediatric Bioethics. New York, Cambridge University Press, 2009 .
Full List of PubMed Publications
- Miller G, Graf WD: Privacy, Propriety, and the United States Television Media: "Watch This Man Die, and Now We Are Going to Sell You Some Detergent". Am J Bioeth. 2016 Nov. PMID: 27749178
- Takasaki K, Diaz Stransky A, Miller G: Psychogenic Nonepileptic Seizures: Diagnosis, Management, and Bioethics. Pediatr Neurol. 2016 Sep; 2016 Apr 27. PMID: 27400821
- Miller G: Re-Examining the Origin and Application of Determination of Death by Neurological Criteria (DDNC) : A Commentary on "The Case for Reasonable Accommodation of Conscientious Objections to Declarations of Brain Death" by L. Syd M. Johnson. J Bioeth Inq. 2016 Mar; 2016 Mar 2. PMID: 26935423
- Yang Q, Miller G: East-West differences in perception of brain death. Review of history, current understandings, and directions for future research. J Bioeth Inq. 2015 Jun; 2014 Jul 24. PMID: 25056149
- Graf WD, Miller G, Nagel SK: Addressing the problem of ADHD medication as neuroenhancements. Expert Rev Neurother. 2014 May; 2014 Apr 17. PMID: 24738763
- Graf WD, Nagel SK, Epstein LG, Miller G, Nass R, Larriviere D: Pediatric neuroenhancement: ethical, legal, social, and neurodevelopmental implications. Neurology. 2013 Mar 26; 2013 Mar 13. PMID: 23486879
- Miller G: Hope is a virtue. J Child Neurol. 2012 Dec; 2012 Sep 21. PMID: 23001931
- Miller G: Ten days in Texas. Hastings Cent Rep. 2007 Jul-Aug. PMID: 17844925