Dr. Weeks' research interests are in the application of existing and emerging non-invasive imaging modalities to the management of patients with congenital heart disease and investigating outcomes in patients undergoing surgical intervention for congenital heart disease. Her other research interests include examining the effects of prenatal counseling on families with children affected by congenital heart disease and quality improvement activities related to improved interstage outcomes for high risk CHD patients.
- Muralidaran A. Kim RW. Kopf GS. Pietris NP. Weeks BP. Starnes VA. Shinoka T. Modified Starnes procedure in a neonate with severe tricuspid regurgitation. Annals of Thoracic Surgery 2012; 93(2):658-9.
- Willers, ME; Tay, LS; Samuels, KJ; Mayes, LC; Weeks, B.P. The impact of prenatal diagnosis of congenital heart disease on parental knowledge and anxiety, and on parent-child attachment (abstract). Cardiology in the Young. 20 (S3); Nov 2010
- Bahtiyar M.O., Campbell K., Dulay A.T., Kontic-Vucinic O., Weeks B.P., Friedman A.H., Copel J.A. Is the Rate of Congenital Heart Defects Detected by Fetal Echocardiography Among Pregnancies Conceived by In Vitro Fertilization Really Increased? J Ultraso
- Mercurio M.R., Peterec S.L., Weeks B. Hypoplastic left heart syndrome, extreme prematurity, comfort care only, and the principle of justice. Pediatrics 2008, 122:186-189.
- Tashjian DB, Weeks B, Brueckner M, Touloukian RJ. Outcomes after a Ladd procedure for intestinal malrotation with heterotaxia. J Ped Surg. 2007, 42:528-531.
- Weeks B, Friedman AH. Training pediatric residents to evaluate congenital heart disease in the current era. Pediatric Clinics of North America. 2004 December; 51(6):1641-51.
- James DK, Spencer CJ, Weeks B. Fetal learning: a prospective randomized controlled study. Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology. 2002 November; 20(5):431-8.