David Matthew Walker MD
Residential College Associate Fellow in Faculty of Arts and Sciences; Director of Quality & Safety for PEM; Director, Pediatric Nurse Practitioner Student Education
Global pediatric emergency infrastructure; Quality, safety & service; pediatric trauma
My research interests are aimed at interventions to improve quality, safety and patient satisfaction in the pediatric emergency department.
The topics I am investigating at Yale include
--patients who leave the emergency department before they are seen by a physician
--patients who are discharged from the emergency department and return for the same illness within 48 hours
--length of stay in the emergency department
- Walker DM, Tolentino VR, Teach SJ. Trends and challenges in international pediatric emergency medicine. Curr Opin Pediatr. 2007, 19:247-252.
- Riera A, Walker DM. The impact of race and ethnicity on care in the pediatric emergency department. Curr Opin Pediatr. 2010 Jun;22(3):284-9.
- Walker DM. Update on epinephrine (adrenaline) for pediatric emergencies. Curr Opin Pediatr. 2009 Jun;21(3):313-9.
- Walker DM, Teach SJ. Emergency department treatment of primary headaches in children and adolescents. Curr Opin Pediatr. 2008, 20:248-254.
- Walker DM. International Pediatric Emergency Medicine: Trends, Challenges, and Opportunities. Pediatric Emergency Medicine Section Newsletter; June 2008, Vol 19, #3. American College of Emergency Physicians.
- Walker DM, Tolentino VR. White coat versus no white coat: the pediatrician’s dilemma. Ambul Pediatr. 2007, 7:201-202.
- Walker DM, Teach SJ. Acute management of status epilepticus in children. Curr Opin Pediatr. 2006, 18:239-244.