Parent-Adolescent Interactions and Adolescent Development
Trial Purpose and Description
The purpose of this study is to observe parent-adolescent interactions and to examine the parenting behaviors and adolescent responses that are associated with youth's substance use.
- 10 Years - 17 Years
- Adolescent between ages 10-17 years
- For adolescent, IQ < 70 on WASI, for parent, evidence of inability to read or write.
- Evidence of a psychotic disorder for parent or adolescent
- Diagnosis of autism or pervasive developmental disorder for adolescent, as determined
by parent report in the screening.
- For adolescent, current need for acute treatment of a psychiatric disorder, as
determined by parent report in the study screening.
- For adolescent and parent, inadequate English proficiency to comprehend task
- ABMRF/The Foundation for Alcohol Research
- National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA)
- Yale University
- September 2009
- Last Updated:
- April 5, 2012
- Study HIC#:
Clinicaltrials.gov ID: NCT01572441