Michael Cappello MD
Professor of Pediatrics (Infectious Disease), of Epidemiology (Microbial Diseases) and of Microbial Pathogenesis; Director, Yale Program in International Child Health; Director, Yale World Fellows Program
Departments & Organizations
Yale Combined Program in the Biological and Biomedical Sciences (BBS): MicrobiologyInfectious DiseasesWomen & Child Health
School of Public Health
Pediatrics: Pediatric Infectious Diseases | Child Health Research Center, Yale | Pediatric Faculty Development Group
Molecular parasitology; Hookworm pathogenesis & vaccine development; International child health more...
- B.A., Brown University, 1984
- M.D., Georgetown University, 1988
- Humphries D, Simms BT, Davey D, Otchere J, Quagraine J, Terryah S, Newton S, Berg A, Harrison LM, Boakye D, Wilson MD, Cappello M. Hookworm infection among school age children in Kintampo North Municipality, Ghana: Nutritional risk factors and response to albendazole treatment Am J Trop Med Hyg 2013;89:540-8.
- Davey D, Manickam N, Harrison LM, Simms B, Bungiro, RD, Vermeire JJ, Cappello M. Frequency and intensity of exposure mediate resistance to experimental infection with the hookworm, Ancylostoma ceylanicum. Exp Parasitol 2013;133:243-249
- Kotze AC, Dobson RJ, Humphries D, Wilson M, Cappello M. Analysis of two human hookworm drug efficacy trials in Ghana highlights the impact of low pre-treatment egg counts on the faecal egg count reduction test. Int J Parasitol: DDR 2014;4:64-70