- A broad range of clinical training sites, many of which involve interdisciplinary teams
- On-site and off-site clinical supervision provided individually and in groups (including utilizing Collaborative Office Rounds) provided by faculty of many disciplines
- Didactic coursework and seminars, especially within the DBP Program, the Yale Child Study Center, and the Robert Wood Johnson Clinical Scholars Program
- Extensive public health, policy, leadership, and advocacy training
- Training in cultural sensitivity, through clinical work, education and mentorship and through direct involvement within an innovative program called International Collaborative Office Rounds.
Clinic Descriptions for the Core Program
Area Cooperative Education Educational Services
Mental Health consultation for high school students with emotional problems, substance use, etc.
Weekly clinic doing genetic evaluation of children particularly those with developmental delay and genetic syndromes.
Provide consultation for children with DBP problems in Headstart. Assess quality of classroom settings.
Assess children with a range of neurological problems affecting development and behavior.
Newborn Follow-up Clinic
Norwalk Hospital Therapy Center
Multidisciplinary assessment of children with a broad range of DBP problems
Pediatric Respiratory Care Unit
Developmental assessments on chronically ventilated and hospitalized children
Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation (PM&R)
Weekly clinic with a physiatrist seeing children and adults with CP, stroke, and other physical and motor disabilities
Psychopharmacology, Yale Child Study Center Outpatient Clinic
Management of medication for school age patients with a range of developmental and behavioral challenges
Developmental behavioral assessments of school age children
Yale Adoption Clinic
Developmental behavioral assessments of adoptees including assessment for Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder
Yale Child Study Center Autism Clinic
Multidisciplinary Autism evaluations for children
Developmental and behavioral assessments for children less than 5
Young Child Psychopharmacology Clinic
Management of medications for children <5years with autism, ADHD, anxiety, etc.
The Autism Center at the Hospital for Special Care
Multidisciplinary assessment of children with known or suspected Autism Spectrum Disorders