Medical Student Elective
Goals & Activities
- Learn to evaluate pediatric patients in clinics (involves taking history, physical examination, considering a differential diagnosis and management plan).
- Learn about common pediatric gastrointestinal problems such as gastroesophageal reflux, constipation, abdominal pain, jaundice.
- Learn about inpatient management of children with gastrointestinal disease.
Number of Clinics Per Week: 4 (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday mornings).
- Daily inpatient rounds with fellow and attending physician.
- Participation in outpatient clinics.
- Attend endoscopy sessions.
- Attend departmental morning and noon conferences, and division conference (Monday 2-4 PM).
- Complete suggested reading of enclosed articles and GI topics in Clerkship book.
For Additional Information