Allen L. Hsiao MD, FAAP
Associate Professor of Pediatrics (Emergency Medicine) and of Emergency Medicine; Chief Medical Information Officer, Yale-New Haven Hospital
Technology in Medicine; Point of Care Testing; Electronic Medical Records; Clinical Decision Support; Improving Efficiency and Quality of Clinical Care; Telemedicine
- Remote Evaluation of Pediatric Wounds
- Secure Web Messaging in a Pediatric Respiratory Medicine Clinic
- Text Messaging as a Healthcare Tool
- Personal Health Records
- iPad as Physician and Patient Tool
- Hsiao AL, Bazzy-Asaad A, Tolomeo C, Edmonds D, Belton B, Benin A. Secure Web Messaging in the Setting of a Pediatric Chronic Care Clinic: A Slow Takeoff of “Kids’ Airmail.” Pediatrics, 2011 Feb;127(2):e406-13.
- Hsiao AL, Shiffman RN. Dropping the Baton During the Handoff from Emergency Department to Primary Care: Pediatric Asthma Continuity Errors. Journal on Quality and Patient Safety, 2009 Sep; 35(9):467-474.
- Hsiao AL, Santucci KA, Dziura J, Baker MD. A randomized trial to assess the efficacy of point-of-care testing in decreasing length of stay in a pediatric emergency department. Pediatr Emerg Care. 2007 Jul;23(7):457-62.
- Chen L, Hsiao AL. Randomized trial of endotracheal tube versus laryngeal mask airway in simulated prehospital pediatric arrest. Pediatrics. 2008 Aug; 122(2):e294-7.
- Hsiao AL, Chen L, Baker MD (May 2006) Incidence and predictors of serious bacterial infections among 57- to 180-day-old infants, Pediatrics. 117(5):1695-701.
- Hsiao AL, Baker MD (Feb 2005) Fever in the new millennium: a review of recent studies of markers of serious bacterial infection in febrile children., Current Opinion in Pediatrics. 17(1):56-61
- Hsiao AL, Santucci KA, Seo-Mayer P, Mariappan MR, Hodsdon ME, Banasiak KJ, Baum CR (2005) Pediatric fatality following ingestion of dinitrophenol: postmortem identification of a "dietary supplement". Clin Toxicol, 43(4):281-5