Other features of the Pediatric Emergency Medicine Fellowship Program include:
- PEM Fellows Conference: Weekly conference on selected topics and case presentations. Monthly radiology rounds with Pediatric Radiology Staff.
- PEM Fellows Journal Club
- Departmental Fellows Conference: All pediatric subspecialty fellows meet to discuss research projects and design.
- Pediatric Ultrasound Curriculum: A pediatric specific ultrasound curriculum has been developed to enhance training. Formal Ultrasound is available 24 hours a day.
- Simulation: A state of the art simulation center, SYN:APSE, is available at Yale. Fellows participate in interdisciplinary mock codes, procedural workshops, and debriefing activities. Adult learning theory courses are available.
- Toxicology: A board certified pediatric toxicologist is on faculty and available at all times.
- Advanced Degrees: A Masters of Health Science degee can be applied for by pediatric subspecialty fellows. Similarly, the Yale School of Epidemiology and Public Health has numerous degree opportunities.