Constance Gesina Weismann MD
Assistant Professor of Pediatrics (Cardiology) and Assistant Clinical Professor of Nursing
vascular-ventricular interaction in congenital heart disease; early detection of right ventricular dysfunction by echocardiography; biochemical markers for pulmonary hypertension in infants with bronchopulmonary dysplasia; OCT imaging of the Drosophila heart
Echocardiographic assessment of right ventricular and pulmonary valve function following surgical vs. transcatheter pulmonary valve replacement.
Vascular-ventricular interaction in children with aortic coarctation and/or bicuspid aortic valves
Vascular and ventricular function assessment in the fruit fly using OCT imaging
3D imaging of the aortic valve annulus
Quantitative echocardiographic assessment of right ventricular function in health and disease.
Prospective study on echocardiographic and biochemical screening for pulmonary hypertension in preterm infants with bronchopulmonary dysplasia
Site Principal Investigator for the ACHD and ES QuERI studies (Study Chair: Michael Landzberg, MD)
- Weismann CG, Hellenbrand WE. Author response letter to letter to the editor by Koestenberger et al. on “Normal Pediatric Data for Isovolumic Acceleration at the Lateral Tricuspid Valve Annulus – a Heart Rate Dependent Measure of Right Ventricular Contractility. “ Echocardiography 2015; 32(3):611.
- Luceri MJ, Tala JA, Weismann CG, Silva CT, Faustino EV. Prevalence of Post-Thrombotic Syndrome After Cardiac Catheterization. Pediatr Blood Cancer 2015 Feb 8. doi: 10.1002/pbc.25438 (epub ahead of print).
- Weismann CG, Colson E, Shapiro ED. Letter to the Editor in response to "Publication performance of women compared to men in German cardiology" by Boehm et al., 2014. Int J Cardiol 2014; 182C:227-228.
- Lacro RV, Dietz HC, Sleeper LA, Yetman AT, Bradley TJ, Colan SD et al. Pediatric Heart Network. Weismann C listed as collaborator. Atenolol versus losartan in children and young adults with Marfan's syndrome. N Engl J Med. 2014;371(22):2061-71.
- Patel, A, Weismann C, Weiss P, Russel K, Kadan-Lottick N, Bazzy-Asaad A, Detection Of Early RV Dysfunction In Childhood Cancer Survivors With Restrictive Lung Disease Using Quantitative Echocardiographic Methods. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2014 Nov;61(11):2059-64.
- Weismann CG, Bamdad MC, Abraham S, Ghiroli S, Dziura J, Hellenbrand WE. Normal Pediatric Data for Isovolumic Acceleration at the Lateral Tricuspid Valve Annulus – a Heart Rate Dependent Measure of Right Ventricular Contractility. Echocardiography 2014 Jul 5.
- Lombardi KC, Northrup V, McNamara RL, Sugeng L, Weismann CG. Aortic stiffness and diastolic function in children following early repair of aortic coarctation. Am J Card 2013; 112(11):1828-33.
- Lacro RV, Guey LT, Dietz HC, Pearson GD, Yetman AT, Gelb BD, et al. L; Pediatric Heart Network Investigators. Weismann CG listed as collaborator. Characteristics of children and young adults with Marfan syndrome and aortic root dilation in a randomized trial comparing atenolol and losartan therapy. Am Heart J. 2013; 165(5):828-835
- Weismann CG, Yang SF, Bodian C, Hollinger I, Nguyen K, Mittnacht AJ. Eearly extubation in adults undergoing surgery for congenital heart disease. J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 2012; 26(5):773-6.
- “Factors affecting the decision to defer endotracheal extubation after surgery for congenital heart disease: a prospective observational study” Kin N, Weismann C, Srivastava S, Chakravarti S, Bodian C, Hossain S, Krol M, Hollinger I, Nguyen K. Mittnacht AJ. Anaesth Analg 2011 Aug;113(2):329-35