Alan Harold Friedman MD
Professor of Pediatrics (Cardiology); Associate Chair, Education; Director, Pediatric Residency Program; President, Yale New Haven Hospital Medical Staff
Dr. Friedman's clinical interests are primarily in the diagnosis and management of the fetus and neonate with congenital heart disease. He is particularly interested in physiologic changes that occur from the fetus to the neonate and the use of non-invasive imaging techniques to assess these. He has a busy clinical practice at the Yale New Haven Children's Hospital and at the Section's satellite clinics (Shoreline Clinic in Guilford).
Dr. Friedman serves as the Residency Program Director and Associate Chair for Education, overseeing the educational mission of the Department of Pediatrics at Yale. He serves as a member of the American Board of Pediatrics, has served on the Editorial Board of Prep SA for the American Academy of Pediatrics and on the Board of Rotary International. Dr. Friedman has been a staff cardiologist in the Yale Pediatric Cardiology since completing his fellowship training at Yale in 1994.
Education & Training
- Wayne State University (1987)
- Yale University, New Haven, CT, Pediatric Cardiology (1991 - 1994)
- Chief Resident
- Children's Memorial Hospital, Chicago, IL,, Pediatrics (1990 - 1991)
- Children's Memorial Hospital- Northwestern University, Chicago IL, Pediatrics (1988 - 1990)
- Children's Memorial Hospital, Chicago, IL,, Pediatrics (1987 - 1988)
Honors & Recognition
- Paul Harris Fellowship
Rotary International Foundation (1998)
- Howard A. Pearson Pediatric Faculty Teaching Award
- Outstanding Fellow Teaching Award