Jeffrey L. Sklar MD, PhD
Professor of Pathology and of Laboratory Medicine; Director, Molecular Diagnostics Program; Director, Molecular Genetics Pathology Fellowship; Director, Molecular Tumor Profiling Laboratory; Director of Molecular and Genomic Pathology
Departments & Organizations
Yale Combined Program in the Biological and Biomedical Sciences (BBS): Molecular Medicine, Pharmacology, and Physiology
Yale Medical Group
Office of Student ResearchCancer Center, Yale: Hematology Program; Cancer Genetics & GenomicsVascular Biology and Therapeutics ProgramPathology: Surgical Pathology; Molecular Diagnostics; Sklar Lab; ExPath | Laboratory Medicine: Molecular DiagnosticsGene Regulation and Functional Genomics
Molecular biology of human disease, especially cancer; Molecular biologic methods of disease diagnosis; Cancer-related genes and their functions in neoplasia and normal cellular physiology; Chromosomal structure and chromosomal abnormalities in genetic and neoplastic disorders; Immunogenetics more...
- Ph.D., Yale University, 1977
- M.D., Yale University School of Medicine, 1977
- Li H, Ma X, Wang J, Koontz J, Nucci M, Sklar J. (2007). Effects of rearrangement and allelic exclusion of JJAZ1/SUZ12 on cell proliferation and survival. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 104: 20001-20006.
- Li H, Wang J, Mor G, Sklar J. A neoplastic gene fusion mimics trans-splicing of RNAs in normal cells. Science, in press.
- Cleary ML, Chao J, Warnke R, Sklar J. Immunoglobulin gene rearrangement as a diagnostic criterion of B cell lymphoma. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 1984 81:593-597.