Qi Li PhD
Associate Research Scientist in Pathology
Cell- Matrix and Cell-Cell Interactions; Integrin-Mediated Signaling. Neural Stem cell development.
Extensive Research Description
Elucidation of the underlying mechanisms that elicit the dramatic differential responses of CD1 vs. C57Bl6 mice to chronic sub-lethal hypoxia.Elucidating the dynamic crosstalk between endothelial cells and neural stem cells in the subventricular neurovascular niche and their responsiveness to the chronic sublethal hypoxic insult experienced by many prematurely-born infants.
- Li Q, Canosa S, Flynn K, Michaud M, Krauthammer M, Madri JA(2013): Modeling the neurovascular niche: unbiased transcriptome analysis of the murine subventricular zone in response to hypoxic insult.PLoS One. 2013 Oct 11;8(10):e76265. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0076265.
- Li, Q., Michaud, M, Canosa, S, Kuo, A., Madri, J.A., GSK-3ß: a signaling pathway node modulating neural stem cell and endothelial cell interactions, Angiogenesis. 2011 May;14(2):173-85. http://www.springerlink.com/content/101769/
- Li Q, Liu J, Michaud M, Schwartz ML, Madri JA(2009 Cover): Strain differences in behavioral and cellular responses to perinatal hypoxia and relationships to neural stem cell survival and self-renewal: Modeling the neurovascular niche. Am J Pathol. 2009 Nov;175(5):2133-46.
- Li Q, Michaud M, Stewart W, Schwartz M, Madri JA(2008): Modeling the neurovascular niche: murine strain differences mimic the range of responses to chronic hypoxia in the premature newborn. J Neurosci Res. 2008 May 1;86(6):1227-42.
- Li Q, Ford MC, Lavik EB, Madri JA. (2006): Modeling the neurovascular niche: VEGF- and BDNF-mediated cross-talk between neural stem cells and endothelial cells J Neurosci Res. 2006 Dec 84(8): 1656-68.
- Millicent.C. Ford, James P. Bertram, Sara Royce Hynes, Michael Michaud,Qi Li, Joseph A. Madri (2006): A novel macropous hydrogel for the coculture of neural progenitor and endothelial cells to form functional vascular networks in vivo. PNAS 2006 February 103 (8): 2512-2517.
- Kim H, Li Q, Hempstead BL, Madri J.A. (2004) Paracrine and autocrine functions of brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) and nerve growth factor (NGF) in brain-derived endothelial cells. J Biol Chem. 2004 Aug 6 279(32): 33538-46