Pei Hui PhD, MD
Professor of Pathology and Associate Professor of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences; Director, Clinical Molecular Diagnostics; Director, Gynecologic Pathology; Director, Gynecologic and Breast Pathology Fellowship Program.
Gynecological tumors including endometrial and ovarian cancers; Gestational trophoblastic disease; Molecular diagnosis of cancers and molecular genotyping diagnosis of trophoblastic disease.
Dr. Hui's academic interests primarily focus on clinical and biological aspects of human neoplasia. Using molecular and genetic approaches, he has active research collaborations with clinical oncologists and basic science investigators in exploring the pathogenesis of several fascinating gynecological tumors including Type II endometrial carcinomas and gestational trophoblastic diseases. As medical director of the Molecular Diagnostics Laboratory, he has been exploring molecular methods in facilitating routine histological evaluations of neoplastic processes including lymphomas, translocation specific sarcomas and common solid tumors.
- Hui P. Next Generation Sequencing: Chemistry, Technology and Applications. Topics in Current Chemistry 2012 May 31. [Epub ahead of print]
- Buza N, Hui P. Partial Hydatidiform Mole: Histological Parameters in Correlation with DNA Genotyping. International Journal of Gynecological Pathology 2013, 32(3): 307-15.
- Zhong HH, Liu Y, Talmor M, Wu BQ, Hui P. Deparaffinization and Lysis by Hydrothermal Pressure (Pressure Cooking) Coupled with Chaotropic Salt Column Purification: a Rapid and Efficient Method of DNA Extraction from Formalin-Fixed Paraffin Embedded Tissue. Diagnostic Molecular Pathology 2013, 22(1):52-8.
- Hui P. (Editor). Gestational Trophoblastic Disease: Diagnostic and Molecular Genetic Pathology (Springer), 1st Edition, 2012, ISBN: 978-1-61779-393-6.
- Buza N, Hui P. New Diagnostic Modalities for Molar Gestations (invited review). Diagnostic Histopathology 2012, 18:201-209.
- Ziai J, Hui P. BRAF mutation testing in clinical practice (invited review). Expert Review of Molecular Diagnostics 2012, 12:127-138.
- Chhieng D and Hui P (Editors). Cytology and Surgical Pathology of Gynecologic Neoplasms (Springer), 1st Edition, 2010, ISBN 978-1-60761-163-9.
- Buza N, Hui P. Gestational Trophoblastic Diseases: Histological Diagnosis in the Molecular Era (invited review). Diagnostic Histopathology. 2010, 16(11): 526-537.
- Hui P. Molecular Diagnosis of Gestational Trophoblastic Disease (Invited review). Expert Review of Molecular Diagnostics. 2010, 10(8): 1023-1034.
- Lipata F, Parkash V, Talmor M, Bell S, Chen SP, Maric V, Hui P. Precise DNA Genotyping Diagnosis of hydatidiform moles. Journal of Gynecology and Obstetrics 2010, 115:784-794.