Pei Hui PhD, MD
Professor of Pathology and Associate Professor of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences; Clinical Director, Molecular Diagnostics Laboratory; Director, Gynecologic Pathology; Director, Gynecologic and Breast Pathology Fellowship Program.
Gynecological tumors including endometrial and ovarian cancers; Gestational trophoblastic disease; Molecular diagnosis of cancers and molecular genotyping diagnosis of trophoblastic disease.
Dr. Hui's academic interests primarily focus on clinical and biological aspects of human neoplasia. Using molecular and genetic approaches, he has active research collaborations with clinical oncologists and basic science investigators in exploring the pathogenesis of several fascinating gynecological tumors including Type II endometrial carcinomas and gestational trophoblastic diseases. As medical director of the Molecular Diagnostics Laboratory, he has been exploring molecular methods in facilitating routine histological evaluations of neoplastic processes including lymphomas, translocation specific sarcomas and common solid tumors.
- Perincheri S, Hui P. KRAS mutation testing in clinical practice. Expert Review of Molecular Diagnostics (invited review). 2014 Dec 9:1-10. [Epub ahead of print]
- Hui P (Responsible author), Baergen R, Cheung ANY, Fukunaga M, Gersell D, Lage JM, Ronnett BM, Sebire NJ, Wells M. Gestational trophoblastic neoplasms, Chapter 6 – Gestational trophoblastic disease, WHO Classification of Tumours of Female Reproductive Organs, 4th Edition. Edited by Kurman R, Young R, Herrington S, Carcangiu M. International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) of World Health Organization (WHO), 2014.
- Hui P. Next Generation Sequencing: Chemistry, Technology and Applications. Topics in Current Chemistry 2014;336:1-18.
- Buza N, Hui P. Immunohistochemistry and other ancillary techniques in the diagnosis of gestational trophoblastic diseases. Seminars in Diagnostic Pathology, 2014, June, [EPUB]
- Buza N, Xu F, Wu W, Carr RJ, Li P, Hui P. Recurrent chromosomal aberrations in intravenous leiomyomatosis of the uterus: high-resolution array comparative genomic hybridization study. Hum Pathol. 2014 Sep;45(9):1885-92
- Adeniran AJ, Hui P. Best Practice of BRAF V600E Mutation Testing for the Diagnosis and Management of Thyroid Cancers. Expert Review of Endocrinology & Metabolism. 2014, August, [EPUB]
- Buza N., Hui P. Egg donor pregnancy: A potential pitfall in DNA genotyping diagnosis of hydatidiform moles. International Journal of Gynecological Pathology, 2014, 33(5):507-10.
- Buza N, Rutherford T, Hui P. Genotyping Diagnosis of Non-gestational Choriocarcinoma involving fallopian tube and broad ligament: a Case Study. International Journal of Gynecological Pathology, 2014, 33(1):58-63.
- Alomari A, Abi-Raad R, Buza, Hui P. Frequent KRAS Mutation in Complex Mucinous Epithelial Lesions of the Endometrium. Modern Pathology, 2013;27(5):675-680.
- Orsaria M, Khelifa S, Buza N, Kamath A, Hui P. Chromosome 17 polysomy: Correlation with Histological Parameters and HER2NEU Gene Amplification. Journal of Clinical Pathology, 2013, 66(12): 1070-1075.