Breast Neoplasms; Gynecology; Ovarian Neoplasms; Pathology; Endometrial Neoplasms; Molecular Diagnostic Techniques; Gestational Trophoblastic Disease; Genotyping Techniques
Pathology: GYN Translational Research
Dr. Hui's academic interests primarily focus on clinical and biological aspects of human neoplasia. Using molecular and genetic approaches, he has active research collaborations with clinical oncologists and basic science investigators in exploring the pathogenesis of several fascinating gynecological tumors including Type II endometrial carcinomas and gestational trophoblastic diseases. As medical director of the Molecular Diagnostics Laboratory, he has been exploring molecular methods in facilitating routine histological evaluations of neoplastic processes including lymphomas, translocation specific sarcomas and common solid tumors.
Specialized Terms: Gynecological tumors including endometrial and ovarian cancers; Gestational trophoblastic disease; Molecular diagnosis of cancers and molecular genotyping diagnosis of trophoblastic disease.
- Perincheri S, Hui P. KRAS mutation testing in clinical practice. Expert Review of Molecular Diagnostics (invited review). 2015 Mar;15(3):375-84.
- Hui P (Responsible author), Baergen R, Cheung ANY, Fukunaga M, Gersell D, Lage JM, Ronnett BM, Sebire NJ, Wells M. Chapter 6: Gestational Trophoblastic Disease. In: WHO Classification of Tumours of Female Reproductive Organs, 4th Edition. Edited by Kurman R, Young R, Herrington S, Carcangiu M. International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) of World Health Organization (WHO), 2014. ISBN-13 9789283224358
- Hui P. Next Generation Sequencing: Chemistry, Technology and Applications. Topics in Current Chemistry 2014;336:1-18.
- Buza N, Hui P. Immunohistochemistry and other ancillary techniques in the diagnosis of gestational trophoblastic diseases. Seminars in Diagnostic Pathology, 2014 May;31(3):223-32.
- Buza N, Xu F, Wu W, Carr RJ, Li P, Hui P. Recurrent chromosomal aberrations in intravenous leiomyomatosis of the uterus: high-resolution array comparative genomic hybridization study. Hum Pathol. 2014 Sep;45(9):1885-92
- Alomari A, Abi-Raad R, Buza, Hui P. Frequent KRAS Mutation in Complex Mucinous Epithelial Lesions of the Endometrium. Modern Pathology, 2013;27(5):675-680.
- Buza N, English DP, Santin AD, Hui P. Toward Standard HER2 Testing of Endometrial Serous Carcinoma: Four-Year Experience At A Large Academic Center and Recommendations for Clinical Practice. Mod Pathol, 2013, 26(12): 1605-1612.
- Much M, Buza N, Hui P. Tissue Identity Testing of Cancer by Short Tandem Repeat Polymorphism: Pitfalls of Interpretation in the Presence of Microsatellite Instability. Human Pathology, 2013,45(3): 549-555.
- Hui P. (Editor). Gestational Trophoblastic Disease: Diagnostic and Molecular Genetic Pathology (Humana-Springer), 1st Edition, 2012, ISBN: 978-1-61779-393-6.
- Ziai J, Hui P. BRAF mutation testing in clinical practice (invited review). Expert Review of Molecular Diagnostics 2012, 12:127-138.
- Hui P. Molecular Diagnosis of Gestational Trophoblastic Disease (Invited review). Expert Review of Molecular Diagnostics. 2010, 10(8): 1023-1034.
- Buza N, Ziai J, Hui P. Mismatch Repair Deficiency Testing in Clinical Practice. Expert Review of Molecular Diagnostics 2016, [Epub ahead of print]
- Snir OL, Buza N, Hui P. Mucinous Epithelial Tumors Arising from Ovarian Mature Teratomas: A Tissue Genotyping Study. Human Pathology 2016, [Epub ahead of print]
- Munday WR, Hui P. Heterozygous bone marrow in a homozygous mature ovarian teratoma: a challenge to the germ cell theory or incidental somatic heterotopia? J Clin Pathol. 2015 Aug;68(8):666-9
- Tallini G, Biase D, Hui P. Sarcomas and Related Mesenchymal tumors. In Leonard DGB ed. Molecular Pathology In Clinical Practice. Second Edition (Springer), 2016, pp 487-512
- Hui P, Buza N. Atlas of Intraoperative Frozen Section Diagnosis in Gynecologic Pathology. First Edition (Springer), 2015. 328 pp. ISBN: 978-3-319-21806-9