- Development and validation of new methods such as high throughput genotyping, DNA methylation and FISH to predict drug sensitivity/resistance for personalized cancer therapy.
- Genetic and Epigenetic changes in cancer development and progression.
- The roles of SWI-SNF like BAF chromatin remodeling complex in cancer development and progression.
- Mechanisms of Transgenerational Epigenetic Memory.
- Wan M*, Wang J, Gao X, Skalr J. RNA Sequencing and its Applications in Cancer Diagnosis and Targeted Therapy. N A J Med Sci. 7(4):156-162, 2014. (*corresponding author).
- Wan M, Gu H, Wang J, Huang H, Zhao J, Kaundal RK, Yu M, Kushwaha R, Chaiyachati BH, Deerhake E, Chi T. Inducible mouse models illuminate parameters influencing epigenetic inheritance. Development. 140(4):843-52, 2013.
- Wan M, Kaundal R, Huang H, Zhao J, Yang X, Chaiyachati BH, Li S, Chi T. A general approach for controlling transcription and probing epigenetic mechanisms: application to the CD4 locus. J Immunol. 190(2):737-47, 2013
- Wan, M., Zhang J, Lai D, Jani A, Prestone-Hurlburt P, Zhao L, Ramachandran A, Schnitzler GR, and Chi T, Molecular basis of CD4 repression by the Swi/Snf-like BAF chromatin remodeling complex. Eur J Immunol, 39(2): p. 580-8, 2009.
- Yu M*, Wan M*, Zhang J, J Wu, Khatri R, Chi TH. Nucleoprotein structure of the CD4 locus: Implications for the molecular mechanisms underlying CD4 transcriptional regulation during T cell development. PNAS, 105: 3873-3878, 2008. (*contributed equally).
- Chi TH, Wan M, Lee PP, Akashi K, Metzger D, Chambon P, Wilson CB, Crabtree GR. A sequential role of Brg, the ATPase subunit of BAF chromatin remodeling complexes, in thymocyte development. Immunity,169-82, 2003.
- Chi TH, Wan M, Zhao K, Taniuchi I, Chen L, Littman DR, Crabtree GR. Reciprocal Regulation of CD4/CD8 Expression by The SWI/SNF-Like BAF Complexes. Nature, 418: 195-9, 2002.
- Wan M, Zhao K, Lee SS, Francke U. MECP2 truncating mutations cause histone H4 hyperacetylation in Rett Syndrome. Hum Mol Genet 10: 1085-1092, 2001.
- Wan M, Sun T, Vyas R, Zheng J, Grarada E.S.V, and Dubeau L. Suppression of tumorigenicity in human ovarian cancer cell lines is controlled by a 2 cM fragment in chromosomal region 6q24-q25. Oncogene18:1545-1551, 1999.
- Amir RE, Van Den Veyver IB, Wan M, Tran CQ, Francke U, Zoghbi HY. Rett syndrome is caused bymutations in X-linked MECP2, encoding methyl-CpG-binding protein 2. Nat Genet 23:185-8, 1999
- Wan M, Lee SSJ, Zhang X, Houwink-Manville I, Song HR, Amir RE, Budden S, Naidu S, Pereira JLL, Lo IFM, Zoghbi HY, Schanen NC and Francke U. Rett syndrome and beyond: Recurrent spontaneous and familial MECP2 mutations at CpG hotspots. Am J Hum Genet. 65:15
- Wan M, Li, WZ, Felix J, and Dubeau L. Telomerase activity in benign and malignant ovarian tumors. J Natl Cancer Inst 89:437-441, 1997.
- Wan M, Sangiorgi F, Felix JC, and Dubeau L. Association of BRCA1 expression with gonadotropin-responsive cells. The Lancet 348:192-193, 1996.