This ACGME accredited fellowship is one year of intensive training in all aspects of cytopathology. A critical and unique part of this fellowship will be the understanding and application of advanced molecular techniques to cytodiagnostics.
- Competency in the morphologic criteria in all types of cytologic specimens and preparations
- Ability to incorporate molecular and other advanced diagnostic techniques into the practice of cytopathology
- Ability to make diagnoses and clinical recommendations on all types of cytologic specimens
- Understanding of both the capabilities and the limitations of assessment of a disease process by cytology
- Participation in review of both GYN and non-GYN material, and in the performance and analysis of fine needle aspirations
- Attendance and participation in teaching conferences related to cytopathology
- Personal research projects mentored by department faculty
Three years of training in anatomic pathology or four years combined anatomic and clinical pathology.
Stipends commensurate with hospital policy.
Diane Kowalski, M.D.
Cytology Fellowship Program Director
Department of Pathology
Yale University School of Medicine
P.O. Box 208023
New Haven, CT 06520-8023