Office for Women in Medicine
To promote the academic growth of women in medicine and medical sciences.
- Provides women students, trainees, fellows and faculty access to advisors and mentors.
- Brings distinguished women in the medical sciences to Yale School of Medicine as role models and mentors.
- Facilitates access for students to professional women in both a structured or an informal setting.
- Sponsors workshops and seminars on professional development and career opportunities for women in medicine and the sciences.
- Serves as a focus for the discussion and resolution of issues of interest to the Yale Medical School community.
Articles of Interest
- Leadership Program for Women Faculty
- Inadequate Progress for Women in Academic Medicine: Findings from the National Faculty Study
- Scientific Diversity Interventions
- Why Are There Still So Few Women in Science?
- Women in Science: Women's Work
- Survive and Thrive in the Mother Mentor Marathon
- Balancing Science and Family
- Attaining gender balance among managers, editors and reviewers Elsevier Editors' Update, August 2008
- NIH Helps Advance Women in Biomedical Research Careers
- Women's Health and Women's Leadership in Academic Medicine: Hitting the Same Glass Ceiling?
- Why Do Faculty Leave? Reasons for Attrition of Women and Minority Faculty from a Medical School
- Duality: When a doctor is also a mother, sometimes the hardest part of the day is just getting out the door.
- Searching for Excellence & Diversity