Carla Smith Stover, M.D.
Appointments & Promotions
- Joint Appointment Department of Psychiatry
- Trauma Focused-CBT and Child and Family Traumatic Stress Intervention Trainer for agencies around the country
- Provided pro bono training in domestic violence and the impact on children to lawyers and guardian ad litems in the state of CT
- PTA member Bear Path School in Hamden
Publications and Presentations
- Stover, C. S., Hall, C., McMahon, T., Easton, C. (2012). Fathers Entering Substance Abuse Treatment: An Examination of Substance Abuse, Trauma Symptoms and Parenting Behaviors. Journal of Substance Abuse Treatment.
- Stover, C. S., Connell, C., Leve, L., Neiderhiser, J. M, Shaw, D. S., Scaramella, L. V., Conger, R., & Reiss, D. (2012). Fathering and Mothering in the Family System: Linking Marital Hostility and Aggression in Adopted Toddlers. Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry, 53, 401-409. NIHMS339758
- Stover, C. S., Urdahl, A., & Easton, C. (2012). Depression as a Mediator of the Association Between Substance Abuse and Negative Parenting of Fathers. American Journal of Drug and Alcohol Abuse, 38, 344-349.
- Stover, C. S., & Spink, A. (2012). Affective Awareness in Parenting of Fathers with Co-Occurring Substance Abuse and Intimate Partner Violence. Journal on Advances in Dual Diagnosis, 5, 74-85.
- Stover, C. S. (2012). Police-Advocacy Partnerships in Response to Domestic Violence. Journal of Police Crisis Negotiations, 12:2, 183-198.
Invited Trainings/Lectures/Keynote Addresses
- CT Guardian Ad Litem Statewide Training, “Impact of Violence on Children and Families”
- CT Bar Association Conference Family Violence in Connecticut: Trauma Trends and Triage, Invited Address “Impact of Violence on the Family”
- The New Hampshire Association of Infant Mental Health Annual Meeting, “Focusing on Fatherhood Keynote Address.”
- Austin Riggs Parenting Conference, “Fathering in the Context of Intimate Partner Violence and Substance Abuse.”
- The Aroostook Medical Center Two Day Training, Presque Isle, Maine, “Treatment for Childhood Trauma Exposure.”
- Keynote Address Connecticut State University System Psychology Day, New Haven, CT, “Developing Evidence Based Treatment for Domestic Violence.”
- Invited Research Colloquium Penn School of Social Policy, Philadelphia, PA, “Toward Evidence Based Practice for Intimate Partner Violence.”
- Symposium Presentation International Family Violence and Child Victimization Research Conference, Portsmouth, NH: “Treatment Approaches for Fathers with Co-Occurring IPV and Substance Abuse.”
- Moderated Panel Presentation National Child Traumatic Stress Network Annual Meeting, Baltimore, MD: “Working with Fathers in Father-Child Treatment.”
- Presentation at the Healing the Generations Conference, Foxwoods, CT
- “Fathers for Change: A New Approach to Working with Families Impacted by Domestic Violence.”
- Family Therapy Seminar-Yale Child Study Center