Natalia Issaeva PhD, MSc
Assistant Professor of Surgery (Otolaryngology); Assistant Professor, Division of Otolaryngology, Surgery Department
Departments & Organizations
Oncogenes and tumor suppressors; DNA replication and repair; P53 regulation and signaling; Head and neck cancer; Human papilloma virus
- M.Sc., Novosibirsk State University, 1997
- Ph.D., Karolinska Institute, 2005
- Downregulation of SMG-1 in HPV-positive head and neck squamous cell carcinoma due to promoter hypermethylation correlates with improved survival. Evgenia Gubanova, Brandee Brown, Sergei V. Ivanov, Thomas Helleday, Wendell G. Yarbrough and Natalia Issaeva. Clin. Cancer Res. 2012 Mar 1; 18(5):1257-1267.
- Natalia Issaeva, Huw D. Thomas, Tatjana Djurenovic, Janneke E. Jaspers, Ivaylo Stoimenov, Suzanne Kyle, Nicholas Pedley, Ponnari Gottipati, Rafal Zur, Kate Sleeth, Vicky Chatzakos, Evan Mulligan, Cecilia Lundin, Evgenia Gubanova, Ariena Kersbergen, Adrian L. Harris, Ricky A. Sharma, Sven Rottenberg, Nicola J. Curtin, and Thomas Helleday. 6-thioguanine selectively kills BRCA2-defective tumors and overcomes PARP inhibitor resistance. Cancer Res. 2010 Aug 1;70(15):6268-76.
- Eva Petermann, Manuel Lui´s Orta, Natalia Issaeva, Niklas Schultz, and Thomas Helleday. Hydroxyurea-stalled replication forks become progressively inactivated and require two different RAD51-mediated pathways for restart and repair. Mol Cell, 2010 Feb 26;37(4):492-502.