Melinda Sharkey MD
Assistant Professor of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation and Assistant Clinical Professor of Nursing and of Pediatrics
Departments & Organizations
Gender and medicine -- especially relating to academic surgical practice; Ethics of spine fusion in neuromuscular scoliosis; bone deformity, abusive fractures in children. more...
- B.A., Wellesley College, 1999
- M.D., University of Chicago, 2004
- "Preoperative bracing affects postoperative outcome of posterior spine fusion with instrumentation for adolescent idiopathic scoliosis." Diab M, Sharkey M, Emans J, Lenke L, Oswald T, Sucato D and the Spinal Deformity Study Group. Spine, 2010 Sep 15;35(20):1876-9.
- "Delayed presentation of tetraparesis following posterior thoracolumbar spinal fusion and instrumentation for adolescent idiopathic scoliosis." Dapunt UA, Mok JM, Sharkey MS, Davis AA, Foster-Barber A, Diab M. Spine, 2009 Dec 1;34(25):E936-41.
- Book chapter: Orthopedic Infections in Emergency Management of Infectious Diseases. Edited by Rachel L. Chin. Cambridge University Press, 2008.