Helen Fox PhD
Assistant Professor of Psychiatry
Departments & Organizations
Office of Student ResearchPsychiatry: Connecticut Mental Health Center; Specialized Center of Research (SCOR) on Sex and Gender Factors Affecting Women's Health; Addictions, Division of; Yale Stress Center
Cocaine dependence; Alcohol dependence; Designer drugs; Novel psychoactive substances; Stress and immune system adaptations; Sex differences; Cognition and addiction; Emotion regulation; Pharmacotherapy development more...
- B.S., University of Portsmouth, UK, 1996
- Ph.D., University of East London, 2002
- Fox, H.C., Sinha, R. (2014). The role of guanfacine as a therapeutic agent to address stress- related pathophysiology in cocaine dependent individuals. Advances in Pharmacology, 69:217-65
- Fox, H.C., Morgan, P.T., Sinha, R., (2014). Sex Differences in Guanfacine Effects on Drug Craving and Stress Arousal in Cocaine-Dependent Individuals. Neuropsychopharmacology, 39(6):1527-37
- Milivojevic, V., Sinha, R., Sofuoglu, M., Fox, H.C. (in press). Effects of endogenous and exogenous progesterone on emotional intelligence in cocaine dependent men and women who also abuse alcohol. Human Psychopharmacology.