Anne Black, Ph.D.
- Volunteer: 10th year as CCD teacher, St. Barnabas Church, North Haven
Grants & Patent Awards
- Submitted first R34 proposal as PI to NIMH: “Computer-delivered HIV Risk Reduction Intervention for Adults with Chronic Psychosis” with Marc Rosen, MD (Yale); Jean Schensul, PhD (Institute for Community Research), and Anne Bowen, PhD (University of Wyoming)
Publications and Presentations
- Black, A.C., Serowik, K. L., Schensul, J., Bowen, A.M., & Rosen, M.I. (2012). Build a better mouse: Directly-observed issues in computer use for adults with SMI. Psychiatric Quarterly. Epub ahead of print 2012 June 19. DOI 10.1007/s11126-012-9229-z.
- Black, A. C., Rosen, M. I., & Hochman, E. (2012). Acute effects of competitive exercise on risk-taking in a sample of adolescent males. Journal of Applied Sport Psychology. Epub ahead of print 2012 June 25. DOI 10.1080/10413200.2012.704621
- Rosen, M.I., Black, A.C., Arnsten, J.H., Goggin, K., Remien, R.H., Simoni, J.M., Golin, C.E., et al. Impact of specific drugs and alcohol on antiretroviral adherence: Findings from MACH 14.AIDS and Behavior. Epub ahead of print 2012 Jan 13. DOI 10.1007/s10461-011-0124-7
- Black, A.C., Serowik, K.L., Ablondi, K., & Rosen, M.I. (in press). Timeline Historical Review of Income and Financial Transactions (THRIFT): A reliable assessment of personal finances. Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease.
- Rosen, M.I., Black, A.C., Arnsten, J.H., Simoni, J.M., Wagner, G.J., Goggin, K., Remin, R.H., et al. (in press). ART adherence changes among patients in community substance use treatment: A preliminary analysis from MACH 14. AIDS Research and Therapy.
- Serowik, K.L., Rowe, M., Black, A.C., Ablondi, K., Fizdon, J., & Rosen, M.I. (in press). Financial Motivation to Work Among People with Psychiatric Disorders. American Journal of Psychiatric Rehabilitation.
- McCoach, D. B., & Black, A. C. (2012). Introduction to Estimation Issues in Multilevel Modeling. In J. Lott & J.S Antony (Eds.). Multilevel modeling techniques and applications in institutional research. New Directions for Institutional Research Book Series, San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Black, A.C., Serowik, K., & Rosen, M.I. (2012, June). Computer Use and Attitudes
- Among Psychiatric Outpatients: Implications for Computer-based Interventions. Poster presentation at the 74th Annual Presentation of the College on Problems of Drug Dependence, Palm Springs, CA.
- Arnsten, J., Southern, W., Rosen, M., Black, A.C., Goggin, K., Wilson, I., Bangsberg, D., Remien, R., & Liu, H. (2012, June). Initiation of substance abuse is associated with decline in adherence over time: Results from MACH14. Poster presented at the 7th International Conference on HIV Treatment and Prevention Adherence, Miami, FL.
- Arnsten, J., Southern, W., Rosen, M., Black, A.C., Goggin, K., Wilson, I., Bangsberg, R., Remien, R., & Liu, H. (2012, June). Ongoing substance abuse worsens decline in adherence over time: Results from MACH14. Poster presented at the 7th International Conference on HIV Treatment and Prevention Adherence, Miami, FL.