Arthroplasty; Economics; Health Care Economics and Organizations; Femoral Neck Fractures; Fracture Fixation; Hip Fractures; Policy
Public Health Interests
Emergency Preparedness; Violence
Research SummaryCurrently my research interests include evaluating the fixation of complex, unstable pelvic ring injuries suffered as a results of high energy civilian trauma. This has most recently been working with a composite bone model that established the validity of percutaneous stabilization of the pelvic ring. In addition I have looked at anterior external fixation of the pelvis as an adjunct measure.
Osteoporotic pelvic ring injuries.
Osteoporotic pelvic ring injuries. Leslie MP, Baumgaertner MR. Orthop Clin North Am. 2013 Apr;44(2):217-24. doi: 10.1016/j.ocl.2013.01.007. Epub 2013 Feb 5. Review.
Postoperative length of stay and thirty-day readmission following geriatric hip fracture: an analysis of 8,434 patients.
Postoperative length of stay and thirty-day readmission following geriatric hip fracture: an analysis of 8,434 patients. Basques BA, Bohl DD, Golinvaux NS, Leslie MP, Baumgaertner MR, Grauer JN. J Orthop Trauma. 2014 Sep 9.
Full List of PubMed Publications
- Wiznia DH, Zaki T, Maisano J, Kim CY, Halaszynski TM, Leslie MP: Influence of Medical Insurance Under the Affordable Care Act on Access to Pain Management of the Trauma Patient. Reg Anesth Pain Med. 2017 Jan/Feb. PMID: 27776094
- Bohl DD, Ondeck NT, Samuel AM, Diaz-Collado PJ, Nelson SJ, Basques BA, Leslie MP, Grauer JN: Demographics, Mechanisms of Injury, and Concurrent Injuries Associated With Calcaneus Fractures: A Study of 14 516 Patients in the American College of Surgeons National Trauma Data Bank. Foot Ankle Spec. 2016 Nov 28; 2016 Nov 28. PMID: 27895200
- Kim CY, Wiznia DH, Averbukh L, Torres A, Kong E, Kim S, Leslie MP: PROMIS Computer Adaptive Tests Compared With Time to Brake in Patients With Complex Lower Extremity Trauma. J Orthop Trauma. 2016 Nov. PMID: 27380397
- Wiznia DH, Kim CY, Dai F, Goel A, Leslie MP: The effect of helmets on motorcycle outcomes in a level I trauma center in Connecticut. Traffic Inj Prev. 2016 Aug 17; 2016 Feb 18. PMID: 26889888
- Wiznia DH, Swami N, Kim CY, Leslie MP: A Method of Using a Pelvic C-Clamp for Intraoperative Reduction of a Zone 3 Sacral Fracture. Case Rep Orthop. 2016; 2016 Dec 22. PMID: 28101390
- Wiznia DH, Wang M, Yeon-Kim C, Tomaszewski P, Leslie MP: Traumatic Testicular Dislocation Associated with Lateral Compression Pelvic Ring Injury and T-Shaped Acetabulum Fracture. Case Rep Orthop. 2016; 2016 Sep 8. PMID: 27672464
- Wiznia DH, Averbukh L, Kim CY, Goel A, Leslie MP: Motorcycle Helmets: The Economic Burden of an Incomplete Helmet Law to Medical Care in the State of Connecticut. Conn Med. 2015 Sep. PMID: 26506676
- Basques BA, Bohl DD, Golinvaux NS, Leslie MP, Baumgaertner MR, Grauer JN: Postoperative length of stay and 30-day readmission after geriatric hip fracture: an analysis of 8434 patients. J Orthop Trauma. 2015 Mar. PMID: 25210835
- Kim CY, Wiznia DH, Averbukh L, Dai F, Leslie MP: The Economic Impact of Helmet Use on Motorcycle Accidents: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis of the Literature from the Past 20 Years. Traffic Inj Prev. 2015; 2015 Apr 28. PMID: 25919856
- Fu MC, DeLuke L, Buerba RA, Fan RE, Zheng YJ, Leslie MP, Baumgaertner MR, Grauer JN: Haptic biofeedback for improving compliance with lower-extremity partial weight bearing. Orthopedics. 2014 Nov. PMID: 25361376
- Miller CP, Buerba RA, Leslie MP: Preoperative factors and early complications associated with hemiarthroplasty and total hip arthroplasty for displaced femoral neck fractures. Geriatr Orthop Surg Rehabil. 2014 Jun. PMID: 25360335
- Ruiz FK, Fu MC, Bohl DD, Hustedt JW, Baumgaertner MR, Leslie MP, Grauer JN: Patient compliance with postoperative lower extremity touch-down weight-bearing orders at a level I academic trauma center. Orthopedics. 2014 Jun. PMID: 24972436
- Leslie MP, Baumgaertner MR: Osteoporotic pelvic ring injuries. Orthop Clin North Am. 2013 Apr; 2013 Feb 5. PMID: 23544825
- Leslie MP, Dodds SD: From the scapula to the scaphoid. Orthop Clin North Am. 2013 Jan. PMID: 23174331
- Flanagin BA, Leslie MP: Scapulothoracic dissociation. Orthop Clin North Am. 2013 Jan. PMID: 23174321
- Hustedt JW, Blizzard DJ, Baumgaertner MR, Leslie MP, Grauer JN: Lower-extremity weight-bearing compliance is maintained over time after biofeedback training. Orthopedics. 2012 Nov. PMID: 23127458
- Hustedt JW, Blizzard DJ, Baumgaertner MR, Leslie MP, Grauer JN: Effect of age on partial weight-bearing training. Orthopedics. 2012 Jul 1. PMID: 22784901
- Hustedt JW, Blizzard DJ, Baumgaertner MR, Leslie MP, Grauer JN: Current advances in training orthopaedic patients to comply with partial weight-bearing instructions. Yale J Biol Med. 2012 Mar; 2012 Mar 29. PMID: 22461750
- Hustedt JW, Blizzard DJ, Baumgaertner MR, Leslie MP, Grauer JN: Is it possible to train patients to limit weight bearing on a lower extremity? Orthopedics. 2012 Jan 16; 2012 Jan 16. PMID: 22229610
- Chen AL, Fang C, Liu C, Leslie MP, Chang E, Di Cesare PE: Expression of bone morphogenetic proteins, receptors, and tissue inhibitors in human fetal, adult, and osteoarthritic articular cartilage. J Orthop Res. 2004 Nov. PMID: 15475196
- Di Cesare PE, Chen FS, Moergelin M, Carlson CS, Leslie MP, Perris R, Fang C: Matrix-matrix interaction of cartilage oligomeric matrix protein and fibronectin. Matrix Biol. 2002 Aug. PMID: 12225811