Carrie R Swigart MD
Assistant Professor of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation
Distal radius fractures
We are engaged in a clinical study of the durability of repair of a muscle that is released during surgery to repair fractures of the distal radius (wrist).
Extensive Research Description
We are enrolling patients in a clinical study of the durability of repair of the pronator quadratus muscle after volar plate fixation of distal radius.
- Swigart CR: Arthritis of the base of the thumb. Curr Rev Musculoskelet Med; 1:142-146, 2008.
- Makkouk AH, Oetgen ME, Swigart CR, Dodds SD: Trigger finger: etiology, evaluation, and treatment. Curr Rev Musculoskelet Med; 1:92-96, 2008.
- Pan D, Watson HK, Swigart C, Thomson JG, Honig SC, Narayan D: Microarray gene analysis and expression profiles of Dupuytren’s contracture. Ann Plast Surg 50:618-622, 2003.
- Swigart CR, Wolfe SW: Limited incision open techniques for distal radial fracture management. Orthop. Clinics North Am 32:317-328, 2001.
- Wolfe SW, Austin G, Lorenze MD, Swigart CR, Panjabi MM: A biomechanical comparison of different wrist external fixators with and without K-wire augmentation. J. Hand Surg. 24A:516-514, 1999.
- Wolfe SW, Lorenze M, Austin G, Swigart CR, Panjabi MM; Load-displacement behavior in a distal radial fracture model. The effect of simulated healing on motion. J Bone and Joint Surg. 81A: 53-59, 1999.
- Swigart CR, Eaton RG, Glickel SZ, Johnson C Splinting in the treatment of arthritis of the first carpometacarpal joint. J. Hand Surg. 24A: 86-91, 1999.
- Wolfe SW, Swigart CR, Grauer J, Slade JJ, Panjabi MM; Augmented external fixation of distal radius fractures: A biomechanical analysis. J. Hand Surg. 23A: 127-134, 1998.