Brian G Smith MD
Professor of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation and of Pediatrics and Clinical Professor of Nursing; Director, Yale Pediatric Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation; Residency Program Director, Department of Orthopaedics
Departments & Organizations
Yale Medical Group
Office of Student ResearchSpine Center, YaleOrthopaedics and Rehabilitation: Pediatric Orthopaedics: Pediatric Muscular Dystrophy Clinic | Pediatrics: Pediatric Orthopaedics
Yale School of Nursing
Spinal mobility following spinal fusion; Effectiveness of bracing on idiopathic scoliosis; cavus foot deformity treatment; Neuromuscular scoliosis; fractures in children more...
- B.A., Williams College, 1978
- M.D., Georgetown University School of Medicine, 1982
- “Low Body Mass Index as a Risk Factor for Superior Mesenteric Artery Syndrome following Spinal Fusion for Scoliosis,” Brian Smith, Mariam Hakim, Jeffery Thomson, Journal of Spinal Disorders and Techniques, April, 2009
- “Direct Intraosseous Pressure Monitoring of the Femoral Head during Surgery for Slipped Capital Femoral Epiphysis,” Lee E. Rubin, Nicholas J. Galante, Brian G. Smith, Peter A. DeLuca, Orthopedics, 31(7):663-6, 2008.
- “Racial and Economic Disparity and the Treatment of Pediatric Fractures,” James Slover, Jennifer Gibson, Tor Tosteson, Brian G. Smith, Kenneth Koval, Journal of Pediatric Orthopaedics, 25(6): 717-21, 2005.