When is it appropriate to see the Ombudsperson?
- When you need someone to listen.
- When an awkward situation at work is bothering you.
- When you are unsure of Yale policy or you believe a policy procedure or regulation has been applied unfairly.
- When you wish to work through an intermediary, the Ombudsperson can serve that role.
- When you think you have been treated unfairly, harassed or discriminated against.
- When you think someone has engaged in misconduct or believe there has been an ethical violation.
- When you need help in clarifying or resolving a conflict.
- When you need help utilizing mediation or “shuttle diplomacy.”