Tamas L. Horvath DVM, PhD
Jean and David W. Wallace Professor of Comparative Medicine and Professor of Neurobiology and of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences; Chair, Section of Comparative Medicine; Director, Yale Program in Integrative Cell Signaling and Neurobiology of Metabolism
Departments & Organizations
Yale Combined Program in the Biological and Biomedical Sciences (BBS): Neuroscience
Interdepartmental Neuroscience Program
Comparative Medicine: Integrative Cell Signaling & Neurobiology of Metabolism (ICSNM)
Neurobiology: Kavli Institute for Neuroscience
Diabetes Endocrinology Research Center
Obstetrics, Gynecology & Reproductive Sciences: Reproductive Neurosciences Group
Neurobiology of obesity; Neuroendocrine physiology more...
- D.V.M., University of Veterinary Sciences, Budapest, 1992
- Ph.D., Szeged University, 2000
- Diano S, Liu Z-W, Jeong JK, Dietrich MO, Ruan H-B, Kim E, Suyama S, Kelly K, Gyengesi E, Arbiser JL, Belsham DD, Sarruf DA, Schwartz MW, Bennett AM, Shanabrough M, Mobbs CV, Yang X, Gao X-B, Horvath TL (2011) Peroxisome proliferation–associated control of reactive oxygen species sets melanocortin tone and feeding in diet-induced obesity. Nature Medicine 17: 1121-7.
- Dietrich MO, Bober J, Ferreira JG, Souza DO, Tellez LA, Mineur Y, Araújo I, Picciotto M, Gao X-B, Liu Z-W, Horvath TL 2012 AgRP neurons regulate the development of dopamine neuronal plasticity and non food-associated behaviors. Nature Neuroscience 15: 11080-1110.
- Matarese G, Procaccini C, Menale C, Kim JG, Diano S, Diano N, De Rosa V, Dietrich MO, Horvath TL 2013 Hunger-promoting hypothalamic neurons modulate effector and regulatory T-cell responses. PNAS 110(15):6193-8.