Advancing Women is a broad-based forum for engagement with the Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology & Reproductive Sciences at Yale comprised of people who support the clinical and research missions of the department. The group is designed to improve communication between Yale Ob/Gyns and the public so that vital reproductive and women's health information can be disseminated. Advancing Women meets three times per year in New Haven, Fairfield County or New York City. Meetings include presentations by physicians and scientists on the latest basic and clinical research underway at Yale as well as the latest modalities in clinical care available. Meetings also include a presentation on the department Chair's initiatives.
- Raise funds to support cutting-edge initiatives for reproductive science research and clinical care, which help to advance the strategic vision of the Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology & Reproductive Sciences at Yale.
- Act as ambassadors to heighten awareness of the role of the Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology & Reproductive Sciences at Yale enhancing reproductive and women's health across the country with a particular emphasis on the department's three regional service areas: New Haven County, Fairfield County and New York City.
- Sponsor educational events to enhance the awareness of women's health issues throughout the region.
- Act as advocates for women reproductive health research.
Members (Gifts of $1,000 or more)
- Members receive invitations to all Advancing Women meetings and are encouraged to bring guests.
- Members have access to a special faculty liaison who is available by e-mail or phone to answer health related questions members have about a particular condition or medical procedure, and to help coordinating medical referrals or second opinions in a particular sub-specialty for members, their family and friends.
- Members are recognized on the department's Web site.
- Members receive special invitations to on-campus medical and scientific presentations, such as the visiting guest professors at Ob/Gyn Grand Rounds.
- Members receive the new Advancing Women newsletter and department informational materials and may request audio recordings of the faculty presentations featured at the three annual meetings.
Contributors (Gifts at all levels)
- Contributors receive invitations to attend all Advancing Women meetings.
- Contributors are recognized on the department's Web site.
- Contributors receive the new Advancing Women newsletter and department informational materials.