First, I am sorry that you have experienced a pregnancy complication. I of course will do whatever I can to try to help you figure out what happened.
Please see the instruction below to start the process of our being able to help you.
On this page you will find links to forms that we will need you to fill out and instructions on how to request the slides be sent to me at Yale. Once I receive the material and look at it I will generate a report for your primary doctor. Since my findings can be challenging to explain to patients, I also have a clinic on Tuesday afternoons where I can meet you to discuss the significance of the findings, as well as options for pursuing future pregnancies, should that be something you wish to pursue.
Please note that it is very helpful if, along with the slides and pathology reports, either you or your doctor, fill out the clinical history form. Any additional clinical records that are easy to obtain would also be appreciated (for example, a clinical summary of your case, any karyotyping, ultrasound reports, etc.).
If you have any specific questions related to the process, please call my clinical office number at:
My assistant Kristin Milano will get back to you as soon as she is able to.
Review of Placenta
Request a Review of the Placenta from your Pregnancy Loss or Complication by Dr. Kliman. To do this you will need to fill out the following documents:
- Checklist for Dr. Kliman Pathology Consultations
- Request for Review of Pregnancy Loss or Complication Slides
- Authorization For Review of Pregnancy Loss or Complication Specimens
- Authorization for Release of Materials and Information
- Notice of Privacy Practices
Once the review of your pregnancy complication material is done you may, if you wish, request an appointment with Dr. Kliman (see below). It is recommended that you check to make sure your insurance covers some or all of the visits and procedures prior to your first meeting with the doctor. Please see detailed instructions on each form.
Request an Appointment
- After your placental material is examined and a report is generated, you may wish to meet with Dr. Kliman in person to discuss the results. Dr. Kliman sees patients at the Long Wharf Medical Center on Tuesday afternoons (see box to the left).
- Please contact the Long Wharf Medical Center staff at 203-785-4708 to schedule an appointment.
- Check the Yale Medicine's website (see box to left) for a list of participating insurance carriers. It is the patient’s responsibility to obtain insurance referrals from their primary care physician if necessary.
- Please register with the Yale Medicine by calling 888-639-9253 before you come for your appointment.
- Charges for in-person consultations are between $450 - $550, with each appointment lasting between one to two hours, as needed by each family. Payment is expected at the time of the appointment if it is expected that insurance will not cover this service, or if the patient is uninsured.
- A consultative report will be sent to the patient’s referring physician as appropriate.