Ayesha Alvero MD, MSc
Research Scientist in Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences
Departments & Organizations
Regulation of cell death pathways and bioenergetic requirements in ovarian cancer cells and ovarian cancer stem cells; Tumor inflammation and repair; Tumor immunology; Drug discovery more...
- BS, De La Salle University - Manila, 1992
- M.D., University of the East, Quezon City, Philippines, 1996
- M.Sc., University of New Haven, 2003
- Chefetz I, Alvero AB, Holmberg JC, et al. TLR2 enhances ovarian cancer stem cell self-renewal and promotes tumor repair and recurrence. Cell Cycle, 2013; 12 (3): 511-21.
- Craveiro V, Yang Y, Holmberg J, Sumi N, Pizzonia J, Griffin B, Gill S, Silasi D, Azodi M, Rutherford T, Alvero AB, and Mor G. Phenotypic modifications in ovarian cancer stem cells following Paclitaxel treatment. Cancer Medicine; 2013: early view online.
- Alvero AB, Montagna MK, Holmberg JC, et. al. Targeting the mitochondria activates two independent cell death pathways in the ovarian cancer stem cells. Mol Cancer Ther. 2011; 10(8):1385-93.