The mission of the Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences Biospecimen Repository is to coordinate the ethical collection, storage, annotation, and distribution of tissue and bodily fluids to support translational research. This common biorepository is designed to promote resource sharing and ensure carefully collected and controlled, high-quality human biospecimens annotated with essential clinical data and properly consented for broad investigational use.
The Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences Biospecimen Repository aims to:
- Support the research mission of the Department in promoting excellence in the quality and integrity of clinical and basic scientific research in the field of Obstetrical and Gynecologic pathology.
- Process and store human biospecimens obtained for investigator-initiated studies and for future use in research studies, ensuring equal access to biological material for all Ob/Gyn investigators and transparency in the allocation of resources.
- Identify participants, administer informed consent, collect tissue and bodily fluids (e.g., whole blood, plasma, serum, buffy coat, ascites fluids, urine) from selected populations, and obtain information on personal and family medical histories, clinical intervention and lifestyle factors for use in research. Protection of participant safety and privacy in paramount in this process.
- Provide a biobanking infrastructure governed by standardized methods for high-quality biospecimen collection, annotation, storage and distribution.
- Research Nurse, office LSOG 205
- LSOG 411—location for processing specimens, including bench, hood, centrifuge, -20 freezer
- LSOG 210—two -80 freezers
- LL99 The Anlyan Center (TAC) subground—two -80 freezers