Our mission is to integrate outstanding reproductive science research with cutting edge, high quality, compassionate patient-centered clinical care to advance women's reproductive health. We also are committed to training the next generation of academic Ob/Gyn physician scientists and leaders.
The Yale School of Medicine's Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences (Ob/Gyn) has a proud tradition of academic leadership, excellence in clinical training, innovations in clinical practice and advances in reproductive science research. To maintain its clinical and research leadership position and attract world-class clinical and reproductive science faculty, we are committed to the following Ob/Gyn initiatives:
- Expanding our already nationally renowned gynecologic oncology service in the areas of new drug development, immunotherapy, ovarian cancer screening, and robotic surgery.
- Development of minimally invasive fetal surgery program to complement our internationally renowned prenatal diagnostic service.
- Continue to expand our oocyte cryopreservation program and fertility preservation service.
- Further enhancing surgical simulation and ultrasound training of residents.
- Introducing subspecialty training elements into the 4th year curriculum of the residents.